Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Wizard

Re: No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Drutz wrote:

PROBLEM FIXED!!!

Went to sprint and they flashed the new updated 5.0 to my phone...seems to have eliminated the ITSON app all together or maybe changed the name, either way - i didnt see it.  Internet is back up and running but have been having a few other minor glitches that I can live with for now..

What's the version number in about device?  "NL2" ?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes

Software version

G900PVPU1BNL2

Master

captainloudpgh Sorry to hear that you are still having Mobile Data issues. Have you tried any troubleshooting or taken the device into your local Sprint store to have it looked at physically?

Mirleine
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

Drutz wrote:

Yes

Software version

G900PVPU1BNL2

Goodness gracious, this is so confusing now.  Why has Sprint not announced this?  Why do the store techs have this and not the rest of us?  This is kind of my obsession (see thread here). None of this follows the pattern for the last 4 years of Samsung/Sprint updates.  What's going on here!

Journeyman

Mark,

Just to be clear. My Android Version went from 4.4.4 to 5.0.  many of my menu screens are different and there are obvious changes that have been made.

The guy at the store was going to simply wipe the phone and reflash the old version back on my phone that was there before the update and turn off the auto update so it would not take the corrupt version again.  When he went in to reflash he saw that the new 5.0 update was available  for him to install on my phone.  Facebook does not load in anymore even after a few uninstalls and reinstalls and gmail has Stopped working a few times.  But so far that's all I have notices so far.  I will keep you posted and GL!

Journeyman

So what am I to do when/if the 27th rolls around and Ive still not received the update? Take my 3rd mutli-hour trip to the sprint store?

Journeyman

Anyone else get the update today?  I have been checking today and haven't seen anything. 

Journeyman

Nope. I've been checking all day. Tempted to flash 5.0 to my phone. Ugh.

Journeyman

WTF. So, I have the old version of itson. And my data started working again. I give up.

Journeyman

I have the old version and mine still isn't working.  Enjoy the data while you can APK1977, it might stop working again. 

Journeyman

i have the 4.1.18 version and my mobile data just started working again too.

Journeyman

Had mine powered off for 30mins for the hell of it bcus of my sons basketball game, powered it back up and its working for now.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat