Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community Registration currently closed. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Highlighted
Journeyman

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

I haven't had a data connection on my S5 for the past two days, the wifi connection works great.  I received online help from your general support. They had me reactivate my phone using the ## method and then they had me manually reactivate it.  I have updated the profile and prl several times.  Nothing worked.  I went to a sprint store and the tech said it's a network issue, he was working on another S5 when I brought mine in.  I can send/receive texts and phone calls, but there isn't a data connection.  My wife's S4 has a data connection and it works fine.  Any ideas on how to fix it?

159 REPLIES 159
Highlighted
Master

drops1234

We apologize for the inconvenience, and we appreciate your patience as updates to ItsON version 4.1.21 are rolled out. Meanwhile, powercycling the devices may help to restore device functions.

Desiree
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Numerous power cycles didn't work until yesterday.  Something else was changed to fix this. 

JMESSER08

All that I did to get mine to work yesterday I just selected restart. before that I was constantly checking for software updates and never did see anything.  It almost seems like something changed on the server side.

Mine was still working this morning but expect it to stop at anytime. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks drops1234 I just tried doing restart and still was not able to get mobile data back or update they are referring to.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It was definitely a server issue. More to it than just cycling the phone bcus alot of us got service back around the same time.

Highlighted
Master

spadepro22,

There could have been a provisioning delay; however, happy to hear everything is working again for you.

- Robtisha
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Jmesser08, did you try the resetting the cellular data?

Go to settings > activate this device.

Press the three dots then select reset cellular data.  It will have you reactivate the phone but it isn't a master reset.  The Sprint store told me to do that twice in a row earlier last week when this problem started.

It didn't work then but it might work now. 

Highlighted
Master

JMESSER08,

So sorry for the inconvenience. Please head over to http://bit.ly/1qQty1X , so that we can further assist this issue in private.

West
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

drop1234...just tried about 10 mins ago to try and do a profile update and it prompted me to reset my device said there was a network error. After that reset it went through a hands free activation and once that completed my mobile data came up. Rather that was pushed through by sprint not sure,but will keep everyone update as to rather that fixed my issue.Don't know if what you suggested is same process as this. Thanks for info.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Doesn't sound like the same but it worked and that is what matters.

My suggestion was to go to Activate this device icon right next to the system update icon in settings.

From there you press the 3 dots in the upper left corner and select reset cellular data.

But as I said, if ended up working the way you did it that is all that matters.

Highlighted
Master

drops1234 - Thank you for sharing your solution to this issue. Should you have any other concerns or questions, please feel free to reach out to us. - Krista
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Drops1234:well seems that that suggestion didnt work either,have tried the activate this device numerous times and only gives me mobile data temporarly until i reconnect back to my wifi and then my mobile data is gone and won't come back until I go back through the activate this device procedures again..I really do believe Im working my way to a different wireless provider that can give my more consistent services and doesn't SCREW up your services and then wants to drag their butts to fix issues or makes up excuses so they don't have to look bad. Well over a week now,new phone and still can't use my phone for what its designed for. All I get just be patient we are working to fix issue,Well my patience has ran out tired of dealing with stupid people...

Highlighted
Master

mmark271_

I know that this process definitely was not an easy one, but I am happy that this was resolved for you. Let us know if you have any further questions/concerns.

Regards,

Krishel

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat