cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Highlighted
Journeyman

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

I haven't had a data connection on my S5 for the past two days, the wifi connection works great.  I received online help from your general support. They had me reactivate my phone using the ## method and then they had me manually reactivate it.  I have updated the profile and prl several times.  Nothing worked.  I went to a sprint store and the tech said it's a network issue, he was working on another S5 when I brought mine in.  I can send/receive texts and phone calls, but there isn't a data connection.  My wife's S4 has a data connection and it works fine.  Any ideas on how to fix it?

159 REPLIES 159
Highlighted
Wizard

SprintCare wrote:

mmark271_

I know that this process definitely was not an easy one, but I am happy that this was resolved for you. Let us know if you have any further questions/concerns.

Regards,

Krishel

Sprint Social Care

What part of this thread makes you believe that I have any resolved issues??  I never had this issue to begin with and only took issue that the Sprint representatives were being very confusing, not helpful, and devoid of any real answers.  This is apparently going to continue based on your response.  The answer to this thread came from a Sprint representative that posted something on Facebook, that was then reposted here by another community user.  Don't go handing out pats on the back over there.

Now, you want to be helpful? tell me where the Android 5.0 update is and when it will be released.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I suggest they work with the person that is still having the trouble.  It is clear the software wasn't pushed and the bug is still present.  They fixed something on the server side that helped most people.

Jmesser08 is still having trouble but it works until wifi is connected and disconnected.

That was more than what I was ever able to get when it was bad.  I was never able to get data connection to work until Monday.

Let me see if I can guess the response to 5.0 release.

They are working hard on testing the software and it will be released soon.  We don't have an exact date.

Highlighted
Master

mmark271_,

Unfortunately we do not have any information available as to the release date for Android 5.0 for the Galaxy S5 at this time. Please keep an eye on this forum for release information.

Thank you,

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care 

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have experienced this off and on for a few weeks.  Usually resetting the phone fixes it.  The issue has just returned and data has been broken for a few hours.  I haven't reset to see if it would fix itself.  It hasn't.

It seems to be a DNS issue since chrome reports the following:

dns_probe_finished_no_internet

I still have the Itson service 4.1.18 so I haven't received the update for that yet.  It seems a little shady that when I get that update (if there really is an update?) that the name will change to something else.  Maybe itsoff is a better name for it?

We only have one tower for the whole town so I highly doubt its a problem with that otherwise a lot of people here would have the same problem.

Highlighted
Master

paterickb - At this time, we do not have any information on when the update will be released for the Samsung Galaxy S5. I advise to stay updated on our community's page, for any updates. - NicoleSprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I find it Amazing to see so many people experiencing the same problems with the Galaxy S5. This is my second S5 since November 2014. I returned the first phone because I thought it was defective. I'm currently visiting Cleveland Ohio and I've had data problems since buying the S5. Sprint didn't reply to my last post because I accused them of not caring about their customers and not being totally honest about the issues. I've gone through all sorts of resets, tests and giving of my location, etc. To no avail. Sprint promised to call me back after escalating my complaint to a 2nd or 3rd level Tech support rep and I haven't received a call as of yet. I'm paying for services that I'm not receiving. I live in California and data problems are occuring there also. I've been with Sprint for years. I began with Nextel and transitioned to Sprint. I had 3 family members to leave Sprint for T-Mobile after leaving Cleveland in November because of the issues and the lack of good customer service. I'm shocked at the level of service I'm receiving compared to several years ago. I've decided to keep a log for the dates, times and duration of every data connections lost. My screen is freezing periodically and I experience lost data connections almost daily. I'm still waiting to hear from Sprint. One day soon, it will definitely be too late to respond.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I myself are having these same issues.  I have not went into a repair store or have done anything but factory reset my phone, clear all apps, and updated the basic stuff.  AFTER all that, it still does the same thing.  I dont think a repair store will do me much good...

Highlighted
Journeyman

It didn't help some of us.  I went to the store and they did a factory reset there and that didn't fix it.  We were told there would be a software update to update that itson app.  That never happened.  Some how some of us got data again on the 26th just by power cycling our phone.  I am not sure what was done on that data to fix it for some of us.  I see nothing  else has been done by Sprint to try and resolve this.

I am just waiting for my to stop working again any day since as far as I know there hasn't been a fix for it. 

Highlighted
Master

MichaelJDB - Thanks for the post. I understand your frustration in this situation. I would like to have a look at your area. Please provide your zip and cross streets so I can get started. - Sean
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Waltg888

I apologize for the inconvenience. It would sadden me to see you leave Sprint. I know how important it is to have data. Please use this link http://bit.ly/1qQty1X to send a private message. I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

Krishel

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Ok my friends who have been communicating on here about our issues with our S5's. I got tired of Sprint not being able to give us a reason or fix to our issue,So I found Sprints CEO email address and emailed him with our issues with our phones and he emailed me back and had a Executive Response Team employee get in touch with me. I have been communicating with her and explained our issues and problems since yesterday. We talked this evening and after 2 days of her talking she called our local repair store where I live and she found out from one of the repair techs there what we have been saying all along. The repair tech told her that a Samsung Representative had visited the store recently and had told them there that Samsung had release and update to samsung devices around the time our problems started,and that update is causing some samsung devices to switch to WIFI connect and is completely knocking out the mobile data mostly Galaxy S5;s. He told that tech that samsung is supposed to be releasing and update to fix this issue sometime next week. The Executive Response Team lady is going to keep in contact with me until the update is release and issue is resolved. I will keep everyone update as I get info. WHEN ALL FAILS TAKE IT TO THE TOP!!!!!

Highlighted
Wizard

Hey guys, lollipop is pushing tomorrow. OA6 is the build number.

http://www.samsung.com/us/support/faq/FAQ00059726/85807?CID=AFL-hq-mul-0813-11000170

All will be fixed then

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat