cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Journeyman

Re: No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

mmark271 is correct according to samsung website lollipop is schelduled to be pushed tomorrow

VersionDate Released
G900PVPU1AOA62/5/15
  • Android OS update to v5.0 Lollipop
  • Enhanced VoWiFi UI
  • Lumen tool bar removed
Journeyman

You were absolutely correct! I received the update at 1am this morning. My phone does respond faster and my data connections improved after the update. I will test the voice calls later on. The update wiped out a few things. It took a while to get some of my apps from Amazon reinstalled and so far, they took away the Call Block function from the settings menu. I used that feature daily and now its gone. There isn't a Do Not Disturb function either. I hope the next update will replace it. Going to the top does make a difference. Thank you!

Journeyman

Iam getting all the same errors although my phone will not update

Highlighted
Journeyman

Here are some tips taken from the section "Fix Wi-Fi or Mobile Data Connection Issues on Samsung Galaxy S" given in Samsung S5 Manual:

• The best way to identify whether or not there’s a hardware issue is by performing a factory reset. Also known as a hard reset, doing this procedure ensures that the phone’s firmware is restored to its original state, which is guaranteed to work properly. If problems remain after doing a hard reset, you can safely assume that you have a hardware problem at hand. In this case, it’s best if you can have the phone checked by a professional or have it replaced.
  • Your issues–unable to make/receive calls, unable to send/receive text messages, mobile data not working — fall within the scope of your carrier’s technical support as they are all linked to their network. The only solution that we can suggest in this case is to do a factory reset. This basically resets the phone to its factory state, which means that all the basic functions like sending and receiving of text messages and sending and receiving of calls should be possible, provided you are linked to a working network. If a factory reset won’t resolve the issue, you have no other choice but to call your carrier and work closely with them again to identify the reason behind all these problems. Alternatively, you can also ask for a replacement unit to save you from the hassles of troubleshooting.
  • If you’re having trouble connecting using your mobile data, verify that your phone is properly connected to your network. You can do this by either calling your carrier or checking your phone’s settings. You can also try to perform a soft reset on your device by shutting it down and removing the battery for at least 30 seconds.
    If you know someone who has the same network service as yours, ask them if they have the same problem so you can report it to your provider.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat