cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Journeyman

Re: No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Network System provider does not show up under Settings>Application Manager>All>.

Master

APK1977,

Please PM us your account info using the following link so we can take a closer look at this for you.

http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Just got back from the store.  They reset my phone and forced the software back on it.  It was supposed to work but didn't in my case.  They say it is a known issue and a software update will be pushed in the next 6 days.

They also told me about a work around that is supposed to fix it temporarily.  I am trying that now to see if I can get it back.

Goto settings>Activate this device  Then in the upper right corner tap the 3 dots.  Select Reset Cellular Data.  The phone will restart a few times.  Then repeat this process again, I was told this was a work around and it might work.  It hasn't on mine so I will be calling customer care to get either get credit on my bill for not having service.

Let me know if you have any questions on it and I hope ti works for you. 

Journeyman

Thanks!  I tried it, didn't work.

Master

APK1977 - Can you please reach out to us by private message with your phone number and PIN. We can take a look at your account as well as see if there's anything more we can do for you.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I sent a private message about 4 hours ago.

Journeyman

It is a known issue and as sprint representatives here should be able to confirm it.  I was told the software will be pushed within 6 days.

This doesn't help anything but it is better than trying to get the phone set back up like I have been working on.

They will also take a look at your account to make sure there wasn't a block put on it for some reason.

While I was at the store there was a person that came in with the same issue and the tech told me that he had been working on a few just today.

Can sprint verify the issue on this forum as well or are they going to just ignore it?

Master

APK1977 - Try re-sending it by clicking on the our user name which takes you to a profile page. On that page there's a list of actions on the right side of the screen and send a private message is the first one listed.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Master

drops1234 - We need to verify some phone info as well as it affects phones that are running a particular version of software.

- John
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I Have the same problem and the Dodge store had no fix.

Journeyman

Samsung S5 with Android 4.4.4.  They have done every reset possible and it is still not working.  Reloading the software didn't work and resetting the cellular data twice in a row didn't work.  I am not stuck with a stupid smart phone unless it is connected to a wifi.

Master

drops1234 - In your phone settings under about phone what are the last 3 characters that show for the software version?

- John
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat