cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Master

Re: No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

ykdjgc1012 - I want to check the same thing as the others what are the last 3 characters that show for your phones software version in the settings and about phone?

- John
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

NK4

G900PVPU1ANK4

Journeyman

NK4

Journeyman

NK4

Journeyman

Did anyone else get their phone to work.  I am up to about 8 hours in dealing with this, last call was to "customer care" which I am going to now refer to customer's I don't care.  The store was great at trying to help but the people on the phone do not care at all.

Journeyman

No, I think we are stuck until the software update comes out.  If the resetting the cellular data twice didn't work for you that was the only work around that the store told me.  You don't need to do a master reset either because that won't help.  I am still putting my phone back the way I want it after that. 

Can SprintCare give us a time frame on when it will be out?  They still haven't admitted it is an issue. They wanted the software version yesterday.

I was told yesterday that it would be released within 6 days.  I will be calling customer care to get credit on my bill since this is bug on their end. 

Master

Tykdjgc1012

I apologize for the trouble you've been experiencing as a result of this issue. I know it's been difficult. An update is being pushed to the Samsung Galaxy S5 devices through 1/26/15 in order to resolve this issue. Please let us know if you are still experiencing trouble after receiving and completing the update.

Desiree
Sprint Social Care
Master

drops1234

I apologize for the delay in receiving the update. The update is being pushed out through 1/26/15 so that the issue can be resolved. Thank you for your patience as we work to get the update out as quickly as possible.

Desiree
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I guess I'll deactivate my super smart s5 and use my Note 2 until the update is pushed. I do need a good paper weight at work.

Wizard

Can you elaborate on this software push? Is it Android 5.0 and with it the fixes for data connection? I'm super glad this hasn't happened to mine yet. So sorry for those that it has. We pay an obscene amount of money for these devices and this "work in progress" network. Push that software!

Journeyman

I don't know for sure but I am guess it is just a minor fix and will only include the fix to this problem.  So it would be something like 4.4.4.1.  5.0 would be more like a major software change like a new interface.  Kit kat to lollipop or iOS 5 to iOS 6 type change would be the change to 5.0. 

It rather sucks that I don't have data when I am not connected to wifi.  Sometime between now and the 26th it may be fixed.  You wouldn't think it would take that long to make this little change.  I would be glad to test the fix for them if I could get it early.   

Master

mmark271_,
I did a web search and found some information about the update: A portion of the Android version includes some minor bug fixes from the first iteration of Android 5.0. Though Google hasn't officially said what these would be, the update will likely fix up problems like the automatic factory device reset or the video playback issues some devices with 5.0 were having. Hope this helps.
- Sarah
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat