cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Wizard

Re: No Data Connection on Samsung S5, Omaha Nebraska

Ha ha ha, okay Sarah. I sure was hoping you guys finally had a better clue to check your internal documentation for what this "fix" was, rather than a Web search.

Drops123, Sprint has been working on and testing the 5.0 Lollipop update since late November. They've gone through many iterations of software and I believe that this update will, in fact, be the 5.0 update we've all been waiting for. Hopefully it includes this data fix. 4.4.4 has been awful on my battery life in particular. Check out this thread for more information. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2765798

Master

mmark271_, we have not been given exact details. Just trying to find as much info on it as possible. - Sarah
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Thankful this hasn't happened to mine either, yet I guess.  After all the issues I had with my S4 for the better part of 9 months I have been happy so far with the S5 (it's only been a week).  At least it hasn't yet pooled a bunched of texts and sent them to me all at once hours later such as my old phone would do every couple days!

I'd even say that my reception around Omaha with the S5 has been comparable if not slightly better than the S4.

Journeyman

This is my 4th day with this issue and it sucks ass!!! Keep getting the run around from Sprint.

Journeyman

Going on 7 here.  Still no software update.  Looks like they are going to take the whole time until the 26th.  I will be surprised if it shows up then.

I am just fortunate that I have wifi and work and home and have a second phone for work.  This one has just been turned into playing audio for me. 

Wizard

drops1234 wrote:

Going on 7 here.  Still no software update.  Looks like they are going to take the whole time until the 26th.  I will be surprised if it shows up then.

I am just fortunate that I have wifi and work and home and have a second phone for work.  This one has just been turned into playing audio for me.

You guys got a bill credit for this, right?  It's completely unacceptable that it's a "known issue", which means there are at least hundreds of people in the same boat, and nothing is fixed yet. 

Journeyman

Sprint even suckered me into adding insurance saying it was a phone issue today. Then I travel 30 miles to the nearest store that can troubleshoot it and they tell me it's a network issue. About to call and get my credit for this mess.

Journeyman

Yes, I got credit the other day for the first 5 days.  I will contact them after it is fixed and get credit for the difference in the days.

Not much was said about it either when I contacted them. 

Master

mmark271_,

We appreciate each customer and we're dedicated to making sure everybody is content with their Sprint services. Unfortunately, our knowledge of software updates is limited. For the best information on when Samsung is going to push through those updates, please refer to the manufacturer. If you have any questions in concern with your Sprint network, please send us another post; we'll make sure to address it.
- Luz
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

SprintCare wrote:

mmark271_,

We appreciate each customer and we're dedicated to making sure everybody is content with their Sprint services. Unfortunately, our knowledge of software updates is limited. For the best information on when Samsung is going to push through those updates, please refer to the manufacturer. If you have any questions in concern with your Sprint network, please send us another post; we'll make sure to address it.
- Luz
Sprint Social Care

I appreciate that you appreciate your customers.  It's clear to me that you guys perhaps don't even know how software updates get to our phones?  Do you think that Samsung releases them to our phones and Sprint doesn't know?   Samsung makes the software sends it to Sprint.  The Sprint team then tests the software (presumably exhaustively) and reports back to Samsung with the issues, the fixes are made and another round of testing commences.  At the end, the final software is approved by Sprint and Sprint gives the "thumbs up" to post the firmware push to the Google Over The Air (GOTA) servers.  These servers then send out the updates to device ID pools designated by Sprint/Samsung devices.  So, in fact, you are the right people to ask, you just don't know the answer to the question or aren't at liberty to tell us.  Which is sad because when people are unable to use their device, and "Sprint" can't give them a straight answer, that just reflects poorly on CS and on Sprint in general. 

I sure hope that 1/26/15 is the go date for the update for you guys that can't access data. Just 3 more days.

Journeyman

I contacted Samsung and they are clueless as to what is even going on let alone when the fix is going to be.

Sprint would have more pull in finding out information than just a few individuals.

Can't Sprint contact Samsung since they  have a number of phones from them and get some dates?  They can careless about just me or a few other people. 

Journeyman

I just called Sprint about this problem. They connected me to 2nd level support . As we were going through the ##72786# and System Update,I found this thread. I told them that while we were on the phone I just saw on the community sprint site that it appears that it is a known Galaxy S5 problem. They had no clue. They then suggested I wipe the phone and began giving me instructions on how to do it. .

Sprint, I appreciate that you respond to this forum. I have no issue with you having this problem. It happens. But, please, get your act together and let your support people know what's going on. I would not have been a happy camper if I would have listened to your phone support and wiped my phone for no reason when you,Sprint, knows that it will not help.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat