Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE in SLC with S5 (S3 works great)

Journeyman

No LTE in SLC with S5 (S3 works great)

Why did I lose all my LTE connection in SLC with the S5?  I will sometimes connect and it will be HORRIBLE signal strength, go away and just go back to 3G.  My S3 worked just fine.  I want my LTE back and what I am being forced to pay for (premium service).  When is this going to be fixed?

29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No LTE in SLC with S5 (S3 works great)

Also there is suppose to be Spark here and I don't think I have yet to see a lick of Spark connection on my phone.  I have made sure that my PRL and profile are up to date and any other updates.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Glad to see im not the only one! I was told to trade in my device because it may be defective. I as well had better service on my S3. With my new S5 I am mostly stuck on 3G, lose connection all together and cannot use data while on a call. Whats going on?!?

Highlighted
Master

Freshyz Having issues with data connection on new Samsung S5 ? I would like to help with this issue. What are the cross streets and zip where you are so I can check the towers and see why you have limited connectivity. Lorenzo
Highlighted
Journeyman

Lorenzo, I am at 200 s 900 e 84102. My S5 will connect to Spark for a few seconds then drop to 3G. After making calls I will sometimes lose all connectivity and have to restart my phone. Also, is not being able to use data while on a phone call an issue with my phone or a downgraded feature I was not informed about? Thank you in advance for your help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It will be interesting to find out if every tower in SLC went down as of last Friday and can't talk with the S5 or they fess up that there may be a problem going on....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same issue in DFW area... My S3 worked great but my new S5 only does 3G.. I get LTE when I reboot for a minute or two then its back to 3G... going to Sprint store tomorrow. ..

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got my S5 yesterday in Florida and it's going the same thing.  What is Spark, anyway?  Does it take the place of 3g/4g?  Losing service a lot.  I had the S2 and it was great!  Hope this is not a habitual problem

Highlighted
Journeyman

Spark is the next available speed from Sprint.  It goes 3g/LTE/Spark.  That is just Sprint's name for it.  LTE is pretty sufficient, but Spark is available in select markets.  I am mostly frustrated because where LTE was, it is now gone, with the S5 because the reception sucks so bad.  Possibly returning the phone today and waiting for the G3 or switching providers and getting the S5 elsewhere.

Highlighted
Master

jlsymes

Thanks for reaching out. Can I have cross streets and zip to your location in FL? I'd like to check the area for you. You can check out Spark at www.sprint.com/sprintspark.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

You guys have been checking everyone's cross streets and everyone seems to be fine on the S3 and S4, but all of a sudden all the towers are having problems with the S5.  Sounds like an S5 problem/the Sprint service is so weak compared to other vendors the S5 gets ok reception.

Highlighted
Master

TheLindseys

I do agree that it sounds like a device issue, however, since there is no reported known issues at this time, we need to rule out tower problems so we can work on further trouble shooting.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat