cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE in SLC with S5 (S3 works great)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No LTE in SLC with S5 (S3 works great)

There is no 4G LTE in Buffalo for Samsung S5 either.  I have a friend with an S3 and Sprint and he is sitting here with 4G LTE and I have 3G. Help.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If you scored the internet you would see that there is lots of problems with about everyone on Sprint and the S5.  Many people have already switched back to there S3's and S4's because they don't want to go past the return date before Sprint decides to start looking into the issue further.  I hope something get's looked into, but like everyone else, I am going to have to return, I am not going to get screwed over and go past my return date and not have service and "hope" something gets fixed soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in a even worse situation because I bought my S5 with a trade in a Target and most likely cannot get my S3 back. To Sprint Care I am still waiting for an answer to my post yesterday..?

Highlighted
Journeyman

*BUMP*

Still no answers. I am still getting random prompts to update phone, when I tap that notification nothing happens and it goes away. This is what it says about my device in Sprint Zone:

Highlighted
Journeyman

talked to sprint for a long time yesterday, they finally told me that all of their tribe and phones will not work with LTE. They said that they will only work on the 3G network for now because that's the only way they will still be able to get voice and text messages. They are not sure when an update or a fix will come out to were the new devices will be able to use LTE. I will be returning my phone today within my 14-day window and cancelling my contract to go with At&t for now.

Highlighted
Master

Freshyz,

I apologize for the delayed response. I'm so sorry to hear of the rough time your are having with your new S5. I did look into the network and its performance in the area that you provided. I'm showing that the tower nearest to your location has not yet been upgraded to LTE. You will want to keep LTE turned off while you are at this location. The network is functioning as expected at the moment. I have reported your location to our network team to investigate futher.

The S5 has a hardware restriction which requires us to ship the unit with only one radio, where as previous models had 2. For this reason you are not able to talk and surf at the same time. I have passed this information on to our leadership team and hopefully we will be able to work with the maufacture on a fix for this issue. 

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

sdjaworski,

Thanks for joining the conversation. Please send us your zip and cross streets. We want to check the network in your area to verify that there are no outages or anomalies affecting your service.

Regards,

Duane

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

You should have told customers that you couldn't talk and surf and the same time. That would have saved the lot of returns sprint is going to get from s5. Not even your sales reps knew this. One of two things your not honest with customers in order to sell new phones or the company heads Have there head in the sand and don't understand customer relation.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Duane, thank you for your response. In regards to the tower I am connecting to at home and work: I was told well over 90 days ago that the tower I pick up would be upgraded within 90 days and still nothing. I am confused while it would sit without a LTE upgrade being between downtown SLC and the UofU. Hopefully reporting this to your network team will speed up its upgrade in the right direction soon.

What's really frustrating is that literally 2 blocks South from my home/work I pick up Spark and get very good speeds (see attachment).

Disabling the Download Booster feature on the S5 is one thing, but not being able to talk and surf is a huge inconvenience and now it seems I will have to wait until my 2 year agreement is up before a hardware change can happen if we have to wait for "the manufacture on a fix for this issue". Also, I just can't agree with being charged an extra $10/mo for 'Premium Data' when I have been and will continue to be stuck on 3G at home and work for what seems like a very long time coming.

Highlighted
Journeyman

"TheLindseys I do agree that it sounds like a device issue, however, since there is no reported known issues at this time, we need to rule out tower problems so we can work on further trouble shooting. Melyssa Sprint Social Care "

No reported known issues?  Is that because you guys sit in your Sprint building and have perfection reception.  Look at everyone's complaints in the community, there is obviously a reported problem that Sprint is doing nothing about it.

Highlighted
Master

Freshyz

It is unfortunate you feel this way.  I can assure you, the upgrades are real and progressing rather rapidly.  I do understand how only being in one or a few areas it seems as though the upgrades are moving at a snails pace however.  I do understand your trepidation at having to wait for the upgrades to be completed in your area.  Each tower's upgrade is a bit analogous and can take time.  Usually, upgrade progresses like this:  the old tower is torn down; a new tower is built; new fiber optics cables are buried; new spectrums are added to each tower and each new spectrum is tested and tweaked.  On top of that, there are the unforeseen and out of our control that can work to hamper the progression the techs are trying to make.  These might include things like power outages, fires, acts of God, floods, vandalism, delays due to utility companies, government red tape, property owner delays, animals etc.   Due to the aforementioned, it is not possible to provide a finite time frame by which the upgrades in an area will start or end. Of the over 32,000 towers we have nationally, more than 22,000 have ben upgraded in the last 18 or 19 months for an average of over 1,100 per month.  Techs are working as fast as they can to get all upgrades completed as expeditiously as possible.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is completed and works fine with my S3 and S4?  So all of a sudden there is upgrades with the S5?  That doesn't make sense?  Please explain how the "act of god" as you call it, is breaking mine and everyone else's S5 LTE connection, but let perfectly work with the S3 and S4?  That sounds like a biased "act of god".

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat