Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE in SLC with S5 (S3 works great)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No LTE in SLC with S5 (S3 works great)

What I am concluding is this: My S3 never really had 4G at home/work where I am having issues now. My S3 switched over to 4G around January but never was fast at all. In fact, I am getting the exact same speeds with the S5 as the S3 but it just displays 3G instead of 4G/Spark. When I drive more into the center of downtown, both devices ran at very fast speeds. Even at the airport I was getting 30+Mbps up/down.

However, there does seem to be something a little off with the S5. Like I said, the speeds are the same but I am experiencing more connectivity issues only fixed with a reboot. (3G goes out and no cell service on/off randomly for a few seconds) A firmware/software update is hopefully coming soon since there is confirmed nation wide similar complaints.

I'm going to let cooler heads prevail and ride this one out. I only paid $100 for my S5 which I completely enjoy. Can I browse as fast as I would like? No. Are calls clear and not being dropped? Mostly yes. I am basically where I have been in the past but now with a much better device. I did check around other carriers and to me, owning a new phone and service for a low monthly cost is more important. Starting over at T-Mobile for example would put me at $115+/mo where I am currently at around $80. (and people complain about them more than anything so what's the point)

I agree with some of the frustrating things mentioned here. To me, I just dont like 'official announcements' that my city has 4G until it is complete all around. The rotten cherry on top of that was officially announcing Spark is up and running in SLC when it clearly has issues. Having a great new, "Spark capable phone" in a "Spark capable city" that is stuck on CDMA is a bummer for sure..

Highlighted
Journeyman

Same problem here in san antonio on 2 s5 phones just bought 2 days ago. Spark network problems. My fix was to disable band 41 in the data programming menu under lte with my msl code I got at the sprint store. Press ##3282# in your phone dialer to get to the menu you will need your msl code to edit the settings. I now have consistent lte signal with no drop outs on my 2 s5 phones and my coworkers phones also. Once sprint spark network upgrades are complete you can enable band 41 again and hope for no more problems. Sprint should send an update to this so they dont lose anymore customers.

Highlighted
Journeyman

same problem here in NYC where spark is on. with my note 2 i was getting LTE all the time. its the new tri-band phones that are having this problem.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Question: If I disable Band 41 will I be able to call and surf at the same time?

Highlighted
Master

JRONCA - I do want to thank you for your patience throughout this matter, and for being a loyal Sprint customer. I apologize that you've had to endure not being able to use your data services simultaneously with your voice features. However, to answer your question, because your phone is a Sprint Spark Device, even if you disable your Band 41 on the Galaxy S5, this still will not give you the ability to utilize both features at the same time unfortunately.

- Kevin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
GrandMaster

unfortunately no..you can disable all you wish but the fact still remains the phone only has one antenna to run everything..so as soon as you try to make a call the phone will switch itself to that only..if they ever get VoLTE enabled its a good possibility but seeing as how they are still deploying the original upgrades on top of the spark upgrades it might be a while.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat