Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Highlighted
Journeyman

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

I am not sure what is going on, but I think it has to do with the new SPARK network roll-out.  On my galaxy S3, I had LTE coverage pretty much everywhere in METRO Atlanta.  It has been a year since I have seen the 3g icon in the city.  I upgrade to the Galaxy S5, and now I see the LTE icon for about 10 seconds when I restart my phone...but after that its all 3g.  How can a new phone not access the same as a 2 year old phone.  I called the store that I purchased the phone from, and the associate told me there is nothing wrong with my phone, that LTE is just not working on the S5 in Atlanta, and there is nothing they can do about it.  Is this true?

203 REPLIES 203
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

I am having this same issue in Salt Lake City.  The S3 connected just fine to LTE, now my S5 uses 3G everywhere. 

Highlighted
Master

TheLindseys,

Thank you for reaching out! Has this just started? I would like to look into your area. Please provide the cross streets and zip of the specific location. I'm here for you!

Thanks,

Justin Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

You can try pretty much all of the SLC area.... But to name a couple

Lake Park Blvd & 4800 West  (West Valley, UT) (work)

Tumwater West Dr & Shadow Dr. (Eagle Mountain, UT) (home)

I have my tablet and my phone next to each other and can see LTE on the tablet and 3G on my S5 (And I ALWAYS had LTE on my S3) so cross streets aren't going to tell me every tower is having problems since last Friday.  Something is not working with the S5 and development needs to start looking at it.

Also SLC is a Spark area and I get no Spark either.  So pretty sure the phone is just having problems like everyone is reporting...

I am not the only one having the problem.  Did we get the two bad phones or has everyone just not noticed they lost LTE with the S5?

No LTE in SLC with S5 (S3 works great)

Master

TheLindseys Thank you for providing your location so that I can look into this for you. I checked the nearby cell site and do not see any outages and performance is reporting good. Let's first make sure that the phone is set for LTE. From the home screen, tap Apps. Scroll to and tap Settings. Scroll to the Network Connections section and tap More networks. Tap Mobile networks. Tap Network mode. Select the preferred network mode Tap LTE/CDMA to enable 4G LTE. Then, reboot the device and then update the data profile and PRL. Keep me posted. Khalid Sprint Social Care.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have done this when I update the prl it will connect to LTE, then almost drop a few seconds afterwards and go back to 3g

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue in Atlanta too.  Holcomb Bridge Road in Roswell, 30076, and downtown on Marietta Street, 30303.  Ready to return this piece of junk after just two days.

Highlighted
Master

nhlfan079 , I do apologize about the inconvenience. We definitely don't want to lose you as a customer. The area has been reviewed. This area is currently still undergoing network upgrades. We are looking to improve the voice service, 3G data, and also the 4G data throughout this location. To improve the service you have been receiving have you completed any troubleshooting on your device?
Sprint Social Care,
JaSherai
Highlighted
Journeyman

I don't know what troubleshooting you could possibly mean.  If you mean restart the phone or refresh my profile and/or PRL, then yes, of course I have.  I have even called in to tech support, and that's all they knew to suggest also.

My 4G LTE reception is non-existent on my S5, while my wife's S3 works perfectly in the exact same locations, standing right next to me.  My signal strength is at best -110 db on 4G, so the phone won't hold that connection and keeps reverting to 3G.  Frustrated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is happening in SLC, Atlanta and Detroit.  Everyone's S3 works great with LTE, the S5 can't get LTE.  So how about someone start explaining and fixing things or tell us all to start returning our phones.  I am heading to the Sprint store today.  This is crap.

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is not my only issue with the galaxy s5. Whenever I am browsing the internet my phone calls won't come through. And whenever I am on the phone I can't receive picture messages or browse the net. After hours of troubleshooting with Sprint they told me it was a manufacturer's defect and that I should swap the phone out at Best Buy. When I went to Best Buy there were two other Sprint customers there with the same issue. I never had this issue with my s3 or s4. Sprint has yet to admit that it is actually their network and I am so frustrated I am ready to switch all three of my lines to a more reliable network.

Highlighted
Journeyman

It is also happening in Milwaukee/Menomonee Falls, WI.  I used to get LTE consistently on my Galaxy S4, but since "upgrading" to the Galaxy S5 it goes to LTE for a couple seconds and then drops back to 3G.  My iPad Air, which is right next to it is getting LTE.

I've tried updating PRL and profile and also setting the network mode to LTE/CDMA and I also tried "Automatic".

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat