cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Highlighted
Journeyman

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

I am not sure what is going on, but I think it has to do with the new SPARK network roll-out.  On my galaxy S3, I had LTE coverage pretty much everywhere in METRO Atlanta.  It has been a year since I have seen the 3g icon in the city.  I upgrade to the Galaxy S5, and now I see the LTE icon for about 10 seconds when I restart my phone...but after that its all 3g.  How can a new phone not access the same as a 2 year old phone.  I called the store that I purchased the phone from, and the associate told me there is nothing wrong with my phone, that LTE is just not working on the S5 in Atlanta, and there is nothing they can do about it.  Is this true?

203 REPLIES 203
Highlighted
Journeyman

This is going to be where Sprint goes into hiding, now that we are all finding out the truth, that we are getting screwed over.  Phone is getting returned tomorrow, im not going to lose features because I signed a new contract and updated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Question for you guys, if I just got this phone Monday, can I just return it and cancel everything? That is the plan.

Edit: Seems like I can.  This has been nothing but a headache.  What a clusterfudge.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes you can, there is a 14 day return policy.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Los Angeles, CA here. 

I bought the S GS5 last Friday.  I've had LTE problems since the beginning.  Updated PRL, Updated Profile, checked for system updates, Factory Data Reset, tried LTE/CDMA and Automatic in the mobile network preferrences, ##72786#, and switching Airplane mode on/off.  All of them work temporarily with the LTE issue but it reverts back to 3g within a minute or two.  I don't want to point fingers.  I definitely don't want to assume that Sprint would roll out a technology and product before it was ready.  My next day off is in two days.  If I don't hear back from Sprint, I'm switching to T-Mobile.  As much as I hate paying more for a monthly service, I'll bite the bullet if it means I am on a reliable network. 

Master

I am sorry that you are continuing to experience issues in this area. We do know that having your phone available to you at all times is extremely important. I can understand that this is a frustrating experience. We have already reported your specific location to our network team. Sprint is continually working to expand our cell sites and their ability to support indoor location. Throughout the next year we will be making major updates to your market, after this time it is possible that the strength of your signal indoors may improve. Thank you very much for your patience. You can also learn more about what we are doing to improve our network by visiting, www.sprint.com/network.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

Now that I'm home...
I actually have LTE Spark working when im at home in Stockbridge. Didn't have it when I'm at work...
Which i suppose doesn't matter since i can just use WIFI when im at home....

And for those stating they can't be on the internet and on the phone on thier S5
3G: No
LTE Spark: No

Wifi: Yes

Is this intentional?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is because Sprint has setup LTE / Spark to be faster rather then have that ability. They have come out and admitted it. It's no secret, if you Google it you can find several articles and the statement from sprint.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Add me to the list.

I have a brand new Galaxy S5 sitting an inch away from a Galaxy S4 (purchased last may before the Spark version).  The S4 is on LTE and pulling excellent download speeds.  The S5 is stuck on 3G (it is correctly configured for LTE/CDMA in network mode, PRL is updated to 51100, profile has been updated, phone rebooted, airplane mode toggled, battery removed ect).  Seems like there's quite a few people experiencing this issue...

Just to clarify this phone has connected to LTE before, but the vast majority of the time it does not.  I'm wondering if it is only connecting to a specific LTE band and ignoring others.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My LTE switched over to 3g this morning in Oklahoma City too.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am in Cgung GA just above ATL and have the exact same problem with my S5. If they dont give me a straight answer soon AT&T has 4 lines for $160, so I think they Ought to give us a straight answer if it is going to be fixed.

Highlighted
Journeyman

No straight answers again! This phone should not have been launched in our area without informing customers of the problem. No time table as to when there is going to be fixed. We are not waiting past 14 days for Sprint to tell us it may work some day!

Highlighted
Master

RACHELLEWELLS01,

Hey I can help with this! May I have your zip code and cross streets so I can take a look in your area? Thanks.

*Jazmine
Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat