Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Having the same issues here with my S5. Had it 3 days now and it connects and stays on Spark for around 10 seconds then reverts to 3G. I never had any issues in these areas (Alpharetta and Dacula) with my S3. Updated Profile and PRL. Changed Network settings to CDMA only then back and tried Automatic as well. Still nothing.

It'd be great if we could get some kind of solution from Sprint in say... the next 10 days. (Under my 14 day return window)

Highlighted
Journeyman

Houston, TX chiming in.

Having the same issue with my Galaxy S5.  It has a difficult time acquiring and holding an LTE/Spark connection and will revert to 3G all too often.  I have performed all of the canned responses that you would typically hear from tech support or an in-store technical consultant.  i.e. PRL Update, firmware update, profile update, power cycle, etc.  This never happened with my Sprint Galaxy S4. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

The Galaxy S5 cannot have a simultaneous data and voice connection.  It's not a defect. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why is the S5 unable to do this while on LTE like even the S3 was?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Seems kind of silly if the s3 can do it no problem while something newer cant.

Like going backwards in progression

Highlighted
Master

nhlfan079,

This does not look good at all. Have you taken this device into a Service and Repair store? I might recommend taking this in so they can test the device. As you are still under the 14 day guarantee, they can replace it if they find it defective.

*Andi R.
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I also dont get LTE when Im around Atlanta. On my S3 I had LTE everywhere. S5 is always running 3G.

Sometimes when im at home in Stockbridge I get LTE but full on wifi when im home

Very disappointing 1st experience.

On top of that when im on the phone I cant use the internet. I hope thats a defect because the s3 can do it....im assuming the s4 could do it as well....

Can we get some clarity on this.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Journeyman
Highlighted
Journeyman

So, in short, Sprint has rolled out yet another half-baked technology that has been advertised as the next great thing, just like their previous 4G WiMax debacle.  I have a brand new Samsung Galaxy S5 that performs terribly when compared to my previous Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3, Motorola Photon Q, etc.  Why am I tethering my Galaxy S5 off of my Verizon Jetpack just so I can get a decent data connection at work?  Why do I have to use my Verizon Apple iPhone 5 for navigation duties around Houston, one of Sprint's largest markets, because my brand new handset (which Sprint has sold knowing that it would not work properly) can't maintain a decent data connection? 

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks for the info Erik, I am 95% sure I am returning this phone and switching carriers

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat