Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Yes great information above.

I went into ServiceMode by pressing *#0011#.

Did an Airplane Mode toggle, and watched the ServiceMode readout when LTE would connect for the brief window then drop to 3g.

LTE would lock on to band25 quickly after turning Airplane Mode off. band25 would sign on and show System: Available go idle after about 45 seconds it would sign on to band41.

band41 would show 'System: Limited'  and be idle. Within 10-20 seconds band41 would switch to band26 showing 'System: No-Srv' LTE would then kick into 3g until toggled again.

Could it be different bands doing the same thing around the country, or is it all the same band? Post what you come across.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks JCHERRY9Zero99 for the tip on the S4. I finally have an answer from Sprint. After being on the phone with a tech this morning. They do not know why the device is not working on normal LTE. I was told to return before the 14 days, because they have no estimate of a fix for this issue. They do not know if it is a hardware issue or software issue. They are aware though of many customers having an issue with this device and they are working to resolve it as soon as possible. An admission I can live with.

I am returning the device I dont want to waste an upgrade so I will just sit until they fix the S5 or the Note 4 comes out.

Good luck everyone and I have emailed some tech media networks and have gotten a very positive response from a big one. So I suppose we will have better answers soon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

If this is true, it is nice to hear someone admit it finally.  I would like a confession more then being ignored on a blatant issue.  I pay for the insurance, so I may just hold onto it and if it is software, great and if it is hardware I am going to  make them replace it and I am not paying the down payment.  They can't force anyone to buy a new phone that they released broken in the first place.  The only frustration is WILL it get fixed or is this going to get swept under the rug in a couple months and forgotten about.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Can someone please explain what you mean by bands? How do you get to this on the S5? (Step by step, please).

Highlighted
Journeyman

Look above at JCHERRY9Zero99 post. He gave step by step instructions. I was being intentionally vague because this is Sprint's forum.

Highlighted
Wizard

Sprints business practices are comical.

Again, either Sprint devices do not function on its own network, or Sprints network does not support it's own devices

Highlighted
Journeyman

Return your phones, port your phone number to a network that works. This is your typical Sprint donkey show. I'd get out QUICK before they F-U over past the 14 day return day... This is my new mission to make others aware of the "show" they make you watch before they cram in a non working product in your hand for 2 years.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Interesting enough. Im getting LTE at my work now. Of which is on band 26.

Was always getting 3g.

Progress id say haha

Highlighted
Master

Dark_Emerald_89,

I'm happy to hear that you are noticing the progress of network enhancements in more places. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Regards,

*Audrey

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

TheLindseys We at Sprint have reported the LTE issue to our Network team who are working to identify any problems our customers are having with the service as it relates to the Samsung S5. We will have a resolution as soon as possible and appreciate your patience in the matter. We also appreciate the feedback and will have a resolution shortly. Lorenzo
Highlighted
Journeyman

What happens if it turns out to be a hardware issue with how the phone is set up and it is past the 14 day return period? Are we stuck with a phone that never goes to LTE on its own?

Highlighted
Master

anfronie Not really able to speculate on such scenarios. However, if there are any hardware deficiencies that are known I'm sure the device would be replaced under manufaterers warranty statutes. We at Sprint will make sure our customers get the best possible resolution. - Lorenzo
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat