cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Highlighted
Journeyman

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

I am not sure what is going on, but I think it has to do with the new SPARK network roll-out.  On my galaxy S3, I had LTE coverage pretty much everywhere in METRO Atlanta.  It has been a year since I have seen the 3g icon in the city.  I upgrade to the Galaxy S5, and now I see the LTE icon for about 10 seconds when I restart my phone...but after that its all 3g.  How can a new phone not access the same as a 2 year old phone.  I called the store that I purchased the phone from, and the associate told me there is nothing wrong with my phone, that LTE is just not working on the S5 in Atlanta, and there is nothing they can do about it.  Is this true?

203 REPLIES 203
Highlighted
Wizard

Lorenzo

Are you saying that Sprint will replace faulty devices?

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is happening on the LG G2 phone as well, so it is most likely not a hardware issue.  The G2 was working fine with LTE until last week, then could not get LTE signal until disabling band 26 just like the S5.  If it is happening on multiple phones from multiple vendors, it is either a tower issue or a phone software issue.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I hope it is just a software issue. If the sprint LTE phones (S5/G2) will not switch over to LTE on their own then that is a HUGE problem.

Highlighted
Master

AtlTuna47 We at Sprint Care appreciate the feedback. I will forward this information on to the Network team doing the investigation. We should have this issue resolved very soon. - Lorenzo
Highlighted
Wizard

Lorenzo

P

Please post an update as to what network engineers discover whether the issue is a software, device or network failure.

Highlighted
Master

anfronie,

We are working towards a resolution. If the resolution is remedied via software update, you will receive a notification on your phone.

Marie
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Id like add on my findings when im at home itll show LTE up on band 25.

Some buildings around here where id have LTE on my S3, itll go away and go to 3G.

When im at work in Smyrna majority of the time itll be on 3G trying to look for 26. Even if I disabled 26 id still get 3g haha but itll be on band 25.

I feel mine does appear to change on its own. The only place I appear to get LTE (band 25) on my s5 is when im at home in stockbridge

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am also having issues connecting to LTE network in parker, CO (Denver). My wife's S3 connects but S5 sitting next to it does not connect.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I have been having the same issue in KC.  My HTC M8 does not have the same issues though.

Highlighted
Master

Gopi_Manne, thanks for contacting us! I also live in the Parker area (80134) and having service interruptions recently. Sprint is currently working on upgrading our towers. YAY! The plan is to start near the Castle Rock area and then move North from their. I would be happy to give you a estimate of what can be expected in the next few months. To do so, please provide your cross streets and zip code. Let's check it out!

*Sarah W Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

SprintCare  This becoming a big issue In Atlanta,  My son has the S4 with the Spark update and it will not connect on 4G. He has disabled his 4G because he is sick of it searching.. My S5 will connect very sporadic with sometimes a very weak data signal.  I NEVER had an issue with 4G connection of LTE on my S3. 

Highlighted
Master

CAVEMAN7467,

Thanks for reaching out. Please enter ##72786# on the dial pad for both phones. This will re-provision the phones to our network. Let us know if there is an improvement in the data connection.

-Jewel

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat