Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community is Read Only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat or visit community.t-mobile.com
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Journeyman

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

I am not sure what is going on, but I think it has to do with the new SPARK network roll-out.  On my galaxy S3, I had LTE coverage pretty much everywhere in METRO Atlanta.  It has been a year since I have seen the 3g icon in the city.  I upgrade to the Galaxy S5, and now I see the LTE icon for about 10 seconds when I restart my phone...but after that its all 3g.  How can a new phone not access the same as a 2 year old phone.  I called the store that I purchased the phone from, and the associate told me there is nothing wrong with my phone, that LTE is just not working on the S5 in Atlanta, and there is nothing they can do about it.  Is this true?

203 REPLIES 203
Journeyman

Sarah, Thanks for the reply. I did notice that the service has improved on parker rd. I currently live on Rutledge St, and service here has been bad from past 4.5 years. I still have an airwave device at home and call drops every time I drive on Rutledge st.

Master

Gopi_Manne,

This is most likely due to the fact that our old and new techs have issues communicating. This can lead to dropped calls when in motion. Once more towers get upgraded this issue will be alleviated.

Sean L
Social Care
Journeyman

While we wait for the towers to get "updated" can we get a discount on our bill? Less service, less pay right?

Journeyman

I noticed on my S5 after the OTA update on 6/26/2014 the Wi-Fi Calling update my phone has Band 25 removed.

I now only have Band 26, Band 41 and LTE

By disabling Band26 I was able get a download speed of 27MB

Journeyman

Well this is disappointing. .I decided to Google my issue after spending an hour trouble shooting the issue online today...I am n Chattanooga tn and my galaxy 3 gets amazing service while my brand new s5 gets NONE..has anyone figured out how to fix it?? I cannot have it messing up I rely on my GPS for everything not to mention if I get lost no service is not good!!!!

Journeyman

please tell me his is fixed..in my area in Chattanooga it's EVERYWHERE on every street and cross street home and work and in between ..I've updated pro profile rest to factory smh...8

Journeyman

Is yours fixed?

Journeyman

Mine too..I just got this phone recently. .my s3 has lte too

Journeyman

Any fix yet? Mine isn't getting any signal and updating pro doesn't work

Journeyman

This has also been an ongoing issue for me over the last few months.  My girlfriend has the S4 and it is on LTE most of the time while I rarely get good coverage with LTE on my S5.  We are in the portland oregon area.  This is ridiculous.

Master

Hello BanksDad,

I can take a closer look at your area if you provide some nearby cross streets. Another option is you can sign up for the latest 4G LTE news at www.sprint.com/4GLTE. You can just put in your zip code and follow the progress in your area. Please be patient with us. Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My problems with LTE in Jacksonville on my GS5 are all gone...  I now get LTE almost everywhere in town both inside and outside..   I guess it was a tower issue I was experiencing before that prevented my GS5 from switching to LTE but no longer..  I was frustrated back in the late spring soon after I upgraded with the LTE but it's been fixed..

Community News

Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat