cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Olivia, please understand that my frustration, or really at this point anger with Sprint and how it chooses to conduct business is NOT directed towards you personally, I realize that you alone have little chance of changing things in a huge company that in my experience, WAS a fairly well run company until the last few years. (although a few minutes of searching on the net will show you that a HUGE number of other people totally disagree on that one, they'd argue that Sprint has been an awful company for many years and this is nothing new!) Sprint was one of the first or first in many areas to roll out 3G service, back when using a phone for anything other than calls and at that time, some texting, was rare. Back then, using a phone for any sort of internet use was just getting going, it was NOTHING like it is today, where some people get 100% of their internet use or close to it, via their smartphones. Great, that was nice but that's ancient news when you're talking about tech stuff, which moves very fast.

Either way and again, understanding that I don't mean for you think I'm angry with YOU personally (although at some point, even you personally have to give some thought to just WHO you're getting your paycheck from and that doing even a little bit of their "dirty work" gets your hands dirty too. I realize though that most people can't just up and quit their job since they need to support themselves, etc but that excuse can only last for so long. If someone chooses to work for a company that is happy to take people's money, locks them in to contracts and then just flat out lies about important issues that if new customers knew the truth on, they'd certainly go someplace else, sooner or later that employee ought to decide if they want to continue helping a company that in many people's opinions is dishonest or totally dishonest) With that in mind, here is what Sprint needs to do to change me back over to someone who thinks Sprint is at least OK, if not better as I USED to think and not just a sleazy company that lies through its teeth and scr#ws over even its most loyal, long time customers like myself. Its pretty simple!

#1-ACTUALLY PROVIDE THE 4G LTE SERVICE YOUR PHONY SERVICE MAPS CLAIM IS THERE!!!!! I know full well that I shouldn't expect a full signal every last spot in my metro area, but right now it is very rare to get even half of a full signal-ANYWHERE IN THE METRO AREA! Ironically enough, on the local freeways is where I'll see the very rare good signal and how much data does the average person use, other than for things like streaming audio, while going 60 MPH on the freeway??!! Not exactly my choice for surfing the net! Other than that, as I've said a million times here already, for the last year or so my service everywhere stinks, one bar of 4G LTE or 3G and I travel ALL OVER the metro area for my business and need to use my hotspot all over the area and it is a joke! Like I had at the end of my last comment, the Ookla speed test showed me at 0.45 mbps, what a joke!

Every other company around here, even the supposedly crappy pre paid ones have better signal than Sprint and PLEASE do not lie to me yet again with this "we're working on it" garbage, that's been going on for over a year!

#2-WHAT HAPPENED TO MY CREDIT AND WHERE'S THE NOW $1100.00 or so I should've saved my now???!!! Now, of course even though Sprint apparently has the money to possibly buy up thousands if soon to close Radio Shack stores, I'd probably have a heart attack if you said I was getting an $1100.00 credit on my $600+ a month bill. Its funny how every time I've brought up the AWFUL signal and how Sprint just flat out lies about 4G here, someone from Sprint seems to be very concerned and wants to check my account info, etc even though of course it always goes nowhere, yet this LIE about the $90 a month my bill was supposed to go down, after I had contacted Sprint because another carrier had reached out to me and wanted our biz badly and showed me I'd save over $100 a month with them AND they'd cover any ETF fees we'd get whacked with, up to 10 lines and we have 8 or 9 lines. (and they have a great rep around here as being an honest company) It sure is odd how no one EVER wants to look into that part and I'm pretty sure that if they did and did see that I was lied to on that, they'd offer a discount from that point forward but I'd eat my shoes if they also offered to refund that extra $1000+ I've paid since I was lied to on that. (and as I said before, the ONLY reason I'm still with Sprint is I've been too darn busy to switch, but that point will be here soon!)

That's what I'd need and I've got no more time to waste on this mess for tonight, thanks!

Highlighted
Master

Please private message is your phone number so we can see what are are going to do with your issue. - Carol
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Lorrie,

Forget S2 its few years old device. I am more interested in talking about S5 constantly searching for LTE spark network signal. It is draining the battery. So think and understand the issue and than answer. Don't divert the conversation to S2. RIGHT NOW LTE spark SUCKS in NY metro area, even when all LTE spark tower are functioning 100% in my area. SPRINT stop false advertising otherwise you will have moment of happiness with new customer and years of regret when the find out the real truth about SPRINT Strategy to attract customer. These days the new plans are with no contract so it will make it easier for all the customer to leave SPRINT whenever they want. So SPRINT should think hard how it is going to retain new/old customer. SPRINT WAKE UP!!!!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have to laugh when you mention "Spark" since I see the little yellow Spark screen every time I restart my S5 (which is VERY often, like seriously 10 or more times a day if I'm trying to use my hotspot for work and as usual, AWFUL SPRINT is giving me ONE BAR OF 4G LTE, 3G OR JUST NO CONNECTION AT ALL, IT HAPPENS OVER AND OVER AND OVER AGAIN, EVEN THOUGH I'M RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF MILWAUKEE, WHICH ISN'T EXACTLY LA OR PHOENIX WHERE WE'RE SURROUNDED BY MOUNTAINS-ITS FLAT!!! Yet, I still get awful reception!)

So, the ONLY piece of advice I've gotten so far (and I've spent WAY TOO MUCH of my precious time researching this, both on here, where it looks like a LOT of people are posting basically the same thing, that SPRINT LIES ABOUT COVERAGE IT SIMPLY DOES NOT HAVE and they're saying it from all over the country, the only advice that's helped at all is to restart my S5 and then I'll usually TEMPORARILY go from either no connection at all or 3G to the usual one bar of 4G, but like I said its TEMPORARY, it won't be long at all until its back to 3G or good old no data connection at all which means I get to restart my phone AGAIN and get to see that little yellow Spark screen, AGAIN!!!

So, that's why I laugh when you mentioned Spark, which if you google it, you'll see all sorts of PR LIES from Sprint about Spark and how that's going to bring these amazing data speeds, blah blah blah!!!! HOW ABOUT JUST GETTING ME SOME PLAIN OLD 4G LTE FIRST??? You know, the stuff my friends who have Verizon here have had for years now????

Spark! Yeah right, you Sprint reps might as well start telling me that Santa and the Easter Bunny are going to be hand delivering me a new phone soon too!

Highlighted
Master

NIPANCHAL,

lorrie is not in at the moment, but I would like to assist you the best way I can. I noticed that the issue with the Sprint Spark service in the New York Metro has been reported to our network team. We would be happy to take a closer look at this matter. Please use this http://bit.ly/1qQty1X link to send us a private message.

- Eric
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm just like everyone else that upgraded to the GS5, exact same issues. The final straw was a week ago when I got a sprint samsung tablet and I noticed that its constantly in LTE. If sprint continues to do nothing I will talk to a lawyer

Highlighted
Master

sagenorris25,

I'm sorry to hear that, but I'll check it out for you. May I have the closest cross streets and zip code to the problem area(s)?

Stacy
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

Stop asking the same stupid question to everyone and get to the bottom of this SPRINT.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Its LTE technology tower issue and not Samsung. All the other carriers S5 are working just fine even Verizon who uses CDMA. So come on sprint.....????????

Highlighted
Journeyman

Well, this is now affecting me and I'm pretty ticked off.  I've been so happy with Sprint for the last 4 years and now all of a sudden Spark gets put on my phone and I lose pretty much all functionality/connectivity.  Spend my days Airplane mode toggling, restarting, opening and closing apps to try to force a connection.  Seems like this has been going on long enough and with enough people effected that if a solution isn't achieved VERY soon that this lack of service may break the contract I signed and I might be able to go to a competitor who will provide on the service their contract promises.  Some companies forget that contracts go two ways.  Every single thread on every single website related to this topic is ongoing from around a year ago, it's unfathomable to me to have a company of this size not correct this issue for such a substantial amount of time that is affecting this substantial amount of people.

Highlighted
Master

tiddlydinks - This is not the experience we want any customer to have. Please provide your zip code and cross streets. - Mele Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hello, I have the m8 h/k edition and I'm in Greece. My cell works flawlessly except the fact that I haven't reached LTE signal despite I have coverage in my area. Recently I found out the only 2600mhz works here and I tried to type ##3282# in the dialer in order to switch to this band of LTE but I can't connect to a CDMA network. Do you have any solution for my problem?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat