cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Can we atleast know why the S5 was hardware restricted from 2 to 1? Seems like going backwards in the technology department?

Will other future LTE Spark device be the same way?

Highlighted
Master

Hello Dark_Emerald_89,

Can you please clarify what you are questioning for the hardware being restricted from 2 to 1?

Thanks, Sharon Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

One of the other SprintCare agents stated the S5 was shipped with hardware restriction of 1 radio opposed to 2 radios so its never possible to be able to use the internet while on the phone.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue with no LTE. Got the phone today and Spark went on once and has been on 3G all day. Never had an issue with my S3. Sprint you need to figure out what is going on.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I finally got my resolution of this issue yesterday evening.  After going to a Sprint store at my appointment time and still having to wait 45 minutes to be acknowledged, I briefly talked to a rep there who it turned out knew far less about Sprint's network upgrades and triband device technology than I already did just from having read a lot online.  When it became obvious that I was the one informing him, not vice versa, I left, went home, called in to Sprint, and they fixed my issue...by sending me a return packet for my S5 and re-activating my old WiMax 4G Galaxy S2, and reinstating my upgrade credit.

I'm not willing to be tied for two years to a degraded device that can't/won't work as intended before the Spark mobile network is minimally functional.  I'm not willing to be a guinea pig on a half-baked product.  It's pretty shameful that so many unwitting customers are only finding out the hard way that Spark-enabled devices are such a technological step backward, at least at this point.  My advice to others in the same boat is to go with your gut and do what you know is right.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My cross streets are NW 20th & Robinson. Zip code 73103. Also my phone has been lagging & freezing up alot. I've cleared the cache & updated PRL, profile etc & it still randomly does it.

Highlighted
Wizard

Exactly why I will not upgrade my devices until my Sprint contract expires and I switch all lines to a reliable provider.

Sprints network will not support its own devices. And Sprint fails to disclose same to its own customers

Highlighted
Journeyman

LTE Spark not working everywhere doesnt surprise me as this happened with 4G and LTE.

I also understand that S5 wont work with normal LTE.

My issue more or less is the fact you cant be on the phone and internet at the same time while on LTE Spark. Thats seems backwards as the S3 could do it on LTE

Why was the S5 restricted from this feature?

Will all LTE Spark devices be like this?

Answers please....

Highlighted
Journeyman

Just got off the phone with Sprint tech. They created a ticket. From us working on the issue together from what I discovered is the Samsung Galaxy S5 picks up 3 LTE bands. For some reason the one tower that I really do get LTE service is only the one band. Most likely it is a software fix as a opposed to a hardware issue with the phone itself. They need to patch the software through an update. Again my old LTE phone works fine and eveywhere I live and work. I work outside so my old phone worked great, but the S5 doesn't. I hope this helps some of you make a decision on what to do with your new Galaxy S5 before the 14 days.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Does anybody have the Sprint Zone app installed on your phone. I was looking through the trouble shooting section of the S5 and it says to go into app, select Sprint zone and settings then data update your profile then soft reset. My phone did not come with the Sprint Zone app. So I am wondering if it is that??

Highlighted
Journeyman

Home Help and Support

Troubleshoot data connectivity

TIP:-- Hide tip

To toggle between applications and the instructions below, tap the Recent Apps key and then tap the application from the list.

This article helps you troubleshoot data connectivity issues on your Samsung Galaxy S 5.These steps help identify and resolve the underlying cause.After completing each step, test to see if the issue is fixed.If you have uncovered an issue that you can't fix, make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center for more help.Verify mobile data is enabled.From the home screen, tap AppsScroll to and tap SettingsTap Data usageTap to check Mobile dataVerify your phone is connected to the Sprint network using Sprint Zone.From the home screen, tap AppsScroll to and tap Sprint ZoneTap My DeviceTap DashboardScroll to and tap Data Network to display your data connection status.Tap Update ProfileAfter the profile update is complete, tap OKPerform a soft reset.

Performing a soft reset restarts your phone and closes this guide. If a soft reset doesn't help, make an appointment at a convenient Sprint Repair center for more help.

Turn your phone off.Remove the battery. After 30 seconds, reinsert the battery.Turn your phone back on.

Note: To optimize performance, be sure your Samsung Galaxy S® 5 is running the most recent software.

Find a store

HomeFull siteEmail signupContact usLegal noticesPrivacy

© 2013 Sprint.com All rights reserved

To the top

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have sprint zone on mine

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat