cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: No LTE on Galaxy S5 in ATLANTA

I finally have LTE. I updated my profile and it's working. My phone has no Sprint bloatware. I ordered it from Amazon.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Mine will work with LTE, if I do that too, but then it will drop after so long and if you go out of LTE service and back in, it will not come back until you update your profile again.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got off the phone with Sprint and they told me that they must evaluate the network before they evaluate the phone.  They said it takes 5-7 days for that to happen.  So it sounds like everyone can start returning your phones (so your not stuck on contract if they don't fix it) and if they do, then just purchase the phone again.  It would be nice to have some communication from Sprint on the issue besides what are cross streets are when every S3 and S4 would PERFECT!

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hey Sprint, Thanks for speaking with everyone except the person that asked the original question.  If you are not competent enough to even answer a community blog, how are you going to fix the lack of LTE on our phones?

Please confirm the following:

1.  When is spark being turned on in Atlanta

2.  When is a software update going to be available to allow our phones to use LTE even in non spark areas.

3.  Will sprint be refunding our $10 premium data fee for each month we have no LTE.

Highlighted
Journeyman

They are going to respond and ask you your cross streets again. lol

Highlighted
Master

Dark_Emerald_89

The network issues you are experiencing is due to the cell site optimization and upgrade that is happening in your area. The issue occurs when your call is transferred between the newly upgraded cell sites and to ones that have not yet been upgraded. Sprint is working hard to fix the issues at this location and complete the market level change. I have reported the issues you are experiencing to our network teams so they are aware of your specific location. We are continually monitoring the area and addressing any issues as they arise. We appreciate your patience while we go through this upgrade.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Journeyman

This is ridiculous. They haven't even informed their agents of this nationwide issue. Why would you roll out a phone which can't use it's lte service. Why would you restrict the phone by only placing one radio on the phone and not informing your customers that they will be sacrificing the ability of surfing and talking on the phone at the same time.

Will this spark issue be resolved within the next five days?

Will we receive a credit for not having "premium service"?

Will this phone ship with two radios in the future?

Highlighted
Master

kookster69

At this time Sprint does not include a text message log with your bill or online.  You will need to call into customer service by dialing *2 on your phone and request a record for text message details. Sorry for any inconvenience this causes. Just to clarify the procedure for requesting text message records, I'd like to post the details on the process. Customer care submits a request to have the form sent within 7-10 days for you to fill out and get notarized.  Once we receive the form, we send out the previous 90 days of text message history within 7-10 days. I apologize for any inconvenience this causes.  Please note, we do hear you all and it has been discussed and passed along.  If anything new comes across in regards to text history or picture mail services, we will let you know as soon as possible.

*Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Highlighted
Master

CAVEMAN7467,

It looks like you were able to get LTE working on your phone before we got to your post. Let us know if you have any questions or concerns that we can help with.

Thanks,
Lorrie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

I looked into it and didn't find any issues reported for that area. Also I do see LTE in that area so you should be getting it. In regards to your phone freezing and lagging you may want to get it looked at by a Sprint service & repair center.

-John
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

Big_Worm_1865,

Thanks for reaching out. We apologize for the delay. Please check out www.sprint.com/spark for any updates. I'm not seeing any official word yet when Spark will be in your area. Software updates come from the manufacturer. Which update are you speaking about? We are not offering a refund for the $10 data because it is not a fee for faster data it is a fee for smart phones. Check out www.sprint.com/premiumdata .

-Jewel

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Master

TheLindseys:

Techs are currently in Salt Lake City performing upgrades. As this work continues you may see connection issues as well as LTE fade in/out. I suggest keeping the device set to CDMA while in any area where upgrades are taking place or have not yet begun. This should decrease the amount of connection issues you are having.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat