cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving texts that were sent to me while phone was off.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Not receiving texts that were sent to me while phone was off.

While I am at work, I like to turn my phone off. But if texts are sent to me while my phone is off, I do not get notified about any of them when I turn it back on.
However, If i switch my phone to CDMA ONLY then I receive them when turning my phone back on. Which is great and all, but then I am only stuck with getting 3G when I could be getting 4G. Can anybody help me out on this one.
This is the second phone ive gotten and it still has this issue.

Thank you. much appreciated.

9 REPLIES 9
Master

Re: Not receiving texts that were sent to me while phone was off.

Kat1bug,

I will be more than happy to assist you. Can you send both your cross streets and zip code? I would like to look in the area before we begin troubleshooting. What type of device do you have?

- Geraldine
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hello there.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5. my zip code is 53128 a cross street is Yale Pl.

Master

kat1bug,

Thank you for providing me with the listed information. I do not see anything that would cause you to have poor service. However, I will inform our network team about the service you are experiencing. Do you have SprintZone Application? If you do not, please download it on your device, open the application. Then, All application; After, go to "Troubleshoot". This will provide you with the necessary steps to have your network in tip top shape. Let me know if this helps.

- Geraldine
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Well I did happen to mess around with SprintZone but no such luck. still having the same issue...

Journeyman

Does this have something to do with Sprint Spark on the Galaxy s5?

Master

We are not too sure if it's related to the model of the phone or the network you're connecting to. With reporting the issue from the Sprint Zone app, that notifies the network techs. We appreciate your assistance.

- Marie
Sprint Social Care
Master

kat1bug- Is this only happening when your phone is off? - Joanne
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Joanne
Yes, When I turn my phone off and if anyone texts me when it is off, I dont receive any of the texts when I turn it back on. Ive never even seen any of the texts that were sent to me when I was testing this out.
      If I switch the network mode to CDMA only though, I do receive them after the phone has  been shut off, but then I obviously dont get 4g. It is not the phone itself, I've had them exchange my phone once already thinking it could of been the phone, and when they activated the second one and tested it out I got the texts! then it was doing this again the next day.

Master

kat1bug- It could be connected to a network issue. We have to take a closer look into this issue and report it to out network team. - Joanne
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat