cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not sending or receiving texts

Journeyman

Not sending or receiving texts

For two days not I have been unable to send or receive texts. When I send one there is no error and it claims to have gone through but they never receive them, and I never receive theirs. Talk works as does data and messaging over data. I have tried Hangouts, Samsung's default Messages, and Googles own Messaging apps. None work.

20 REPLIES 20
Journeyman

Re: Not sending or receiving texts

I am having same issue as well. I have tested from other carriers to my phone and still no text.

Highlighted
Master

jvangey -

I am sorry that you are having problems texting. What happens if you try to text yourself? Have you attempted any trouble shooting for this problem? How long has this been doing on, and how long have you had the phone? We will get this figured out.

- Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having this very issue. Tried other apps, have restarted phone, pulled battery and let it sit then restart, booted into recovery mode and wiped system cache. None of these steps worked. Nothing has gone through over wifi or network, no matter the signal. Short of doing factory reset, I'm at a loss.

Journeyman

That didn't work either, so now I get to play the game of re-configuring my phone. I've had this since July 1, 2014 and haven't had issues until the other day. I might also add that the self diagnostic test in the Sprint zone app did not detect any errors. This is beyond frustrating.

Master

h8edpurdie, Sounds like something we need to look into. What are the cross streets and zip code here you're having issues? Also, what is the make and model of your phone?
- Jeffery
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This is on the Galaxy S5 SM-G900P. Zip Codes of this issue is 83442, 83402, and the rest of Eastern Idaho. I have the latest updates available for my phone, including PRL and Profile. My last confirmed text messages that went through were this last Monday, December 8, 2014.

Journeyman

I'd also like to add none of the other phones on my account are having this issue. From the S5 Sport to S4 and S3. Mine is the only one having this issue.

Master

The best course of action for the issue you're having is to have your phone checked out at a Sprint service and repair store. - Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I am also having the same issue with my new s5. Just left the Sprint store and they told me it is an issue with the network that's affecting certain Sim cards and there's an open ticket to fix the issue. They said it would be fixed tonight by 7:30. I was told to put in the ## code to reset the network after 7:30

Master

xdavis1990,

We're sorry this happened. Have you tried any troubleshooting? What is the make and model of your device? Let us know, we'd like to help.

- Clyde

Sprint Social Care

Master

hgrIII, please keep us posted on the outcome. We want to make sure this gets taken care of! - Sarah
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat