Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Power button not working?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Power button not working?

I have had my Galaxy S5 for less than 3 weeks, in that time the power button has stopped functioning, it started off requiring a prolonged press to get a respond, which was a lot different from the S3, which I switched from.  I wrote it off as just being how the S5 is.  However now it has stopped working, it works for maybe 1 in 10 presses.  Has anyone else had this problem?

3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Master

Re: Power button not working?

Slsword,

Hey there! Sorry to hear of the issue with the power button. Currently this not a known issue. Have you gone to a sprint location to have the checked out?

SarahG

Social care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I just got a new s5 and we are having the same problem. Twice I have not been able to turn the phone on. I opened it and removed the battery to fix the problem. But we have only had the phone for a few days.

Highlighted
Master

4301duke That's not good to hear. May I suggest that you take the device into one of our Sprint repair centers to have our technicians take a look at it physically. Mirleine Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat