cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Random Download texts

Journeyman

Random Download texts

So I have a galaxy s5 on sprint (Obviously) but just recently, I had gotten a text from a person who didn't send me a text. The text just had the download button on it. I accidentally pressed it and it just disappeared, no download prompt or any sign of anything. It happened again later that day on the same conversation, the person having not sent anything and it disappeared again. Both times were connected to mobile data and I quickly turned my phone to airplane mode when nothing happened. it happened a third time but I deleted that whole conversation. It didn't happen again for several days even after I texted the person back. It just happened again but I deleted the button message by itself. I wanted to ask, is this just a glitch or should I be worried about something. I downloaded both the AVG antivirus and Malwarebytes and both said that nothing was infected and my phone is just a regular S5.

2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Wizard

Re: Random Download texts

Was it from a "person" or just a short code?

Since the last update, I've received 3 texts from "9355" that are just WAP- URL things.  I'm not sure what these are exactly, but I notice them after OS updates and perhaps they pertain to failed MMS messages prior to the update (ie, I had failed MMS from long ago, but the OS update sort of refreshes the downloads).  So not really from "9355" in my case, but Sprint's servers are syncing back my MMS from old messages that didn't go through the first time.

Is yours like this?  Or different?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Random Download texts

Sorry for the delayed response but it was from a contact, two contacts. So far I dealt with three from one person, nothing happened but with the third one on the first contact, I deleted the whole conversation. Nothing happened on his conversation page after I messaged him but when I posted this, earlier in the day I had seen the button on another person which I just deleted the message the button was on. I haven't seen it since so I am assuming it was nothing but a glitch since my phone is normal and not showing signs of anything wrong.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat