cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Can only run on the CMDA network - Delayed Calls, Voicemail and Messages

Highlighted
Journeyman

S5 Can only run on the CMDA network - Delayed Calls, Voicemail and Messages

I have two phones on my account and neither can run on any other network setting other than CMDA, When on other settings I place a call and the receivers phone will not ring. I can leave a voicemail and they will get a notification 15min later. I can message said person and alert will be delayed up to a half hour. Sound quality is choppy and muffled. I have no 4G lte. Costco replaced both phones thinking it was a hardware issue. Second phone does the same. Took to the Sprint store and they switched the phones to CMDA and calls and messages go through. There must be a fix for this problem since I am in one of the best coverage areas. Called Sprint and they were to send out an signal booster months ago that I have yet to receive. I would be willing to switch phones or I need to end my contract and move to another carrier.

Tags (2)
16 REPLIES 16
Master

Re: S5 Can only run on the CMDA network - Delayed Calls, Voicemail and Messages

Bowie1963,

We do apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. We would like to look further into this for you. Click on this link and follow the steps provided so we can discuss this matter with you on a private platform http://bit.ly/1qQty1X

- Ackeem
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Gus spoke with me, reset some settings on my two phones and within two days my phone is back to poor quality phone calls and reception. Unless Sprint is willing to supply two new, different phones that will work I'm requesting release from my contract.

Master

Bowie1963,

Please allow us to review the information further. When would be a good time to call you tomorrow?

Stacy
Sprint Social Care Team
Journeyman

You can call me anytime. What I did yesterday is reactivate my SII and it works a whole lot better.

Made some test calls and the sound and connection quality is much better.

Master

Bowie1963,
I have just called but could not reach you. Please let us know what time you'd be available to speak to us. If you'd prefer to work with us over community messaging, please refer to the private messages. - Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Try calling again. I am frequently in meetings and can't always answer.

Master

Bowie1963,

Hi! An attempt was made to contact you but was unsuccessful. Please let us know when you will be available. We hope to hear from you soon.

- Marie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

My battery is dead. I'm using my old sll for now because the s5 dosen't work at all.

I will be in the car and able to charge it. Call me at 4:45 est.

Master

Bowie1963 - We attempted to contact you and was unsuccessful. We did leave a voicemail asking for the best time to reach you. Please let us know what time you'd like to receive a call and we'll be more than happy to assist you.
- Delacia
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm available this morning until 9:30 est. B

Journeyman

Ok, you just called again and it only rings twice on my end. I can't answer the phone that fast.

Either give me a number to call you or keep calling repeatedly.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat