cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Home screens wiped after Sprint Zone update.

Highlighted
Journeyman XQ9
Journeyman

S5 Home screens wiped after Sprint Zone update.

Why does the Sprint zone app update that came to my phone today delete ALL ( Yes ALL) of my home screens and replace it with the apps that sprint installed?

How can I disable this software? This is a massive headace trying to get everything back where it goes.

My wife has not done the update yet (Also has an S5) even with the setting telling the app not to update it still is trying and she keeps telling it no. It is making the phone not useable.

4 REPLIES 4
Master

Re: S5 Home screens wiped after Sprint Zone update.

XQ9,

Thank you for reaching out to us about this issue. Has this happened while updating the Sprint Zone Application in the past?

- Sabrina
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman XQ9
Journeyman

No.

However while on with support last night they had me uninstall updates to it (that you can only do in safe mode) and after I did that I changed the setting again for it to not update on its own. It asked me to update and I told it "later" and it updated again anyway.

I need to know how to get it so that it doesn't ignore user settings or more preferred remove it completely. I do not want a phone that will randomly remove everything from my home screen.

Its not listening to that setting on my wife's phone either (same phone) but she is opening the task manager and killing everything every time it comes up and that seems to be stopping it.

That is not a very good work around as she has to do it frequently.

Community Manager

Moving thread to Galaxy S5 space.  This ensures it gets appropriate attention and assistance. - Moderator SeaWolf

SeaWolf
Sprint Community Manager & Customer Advocate
Captain of the Vicious Cream-puff
I encourage you to post your questions on the community, give Kudos when earned and always mark the correct answer as "Accepted Solution".

Master

XQ9,

Thank you for the information. Have you taken the phone into a Sprint service and repair store to have a technician do any hands on troubleshooting? They will be able to review the settings and run diagnostic testing that we're unable to do online.

Thank you,

Lorrie

Sprint Social Care

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat