cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5: Update today still did not fix problems!

Journeyman

S5: Update today still did not fix problems!

1)  Cannot receive Microsoft Exchange emails over mobile data.  Must be connected to WIFI.

2)  Cannot turn off Wifi.  It automatically turns on wifi and tries to connect to nearby hot spots, disrupting mobile data connections. 

I tried online sprint care, went to the store, talked on the phone....no solutions.  They have agreed to send me a hand me down, refurbished replacement phone.  Yay.  The local Sprint store here in Virginia has stopped selling the S5 because of the problem.  The poor service girl had the same issue...and another employee has the same problem with the HTC1.  Sprint is well aware of the issues and are not providing a remedy.  If this phone does not work, I will be jumping ship after 13 years with Sprint.  This is unacceptable. I rely on real time emails for work....I can't be searching for a Starbucks hotspot every hour.  Frustrated....

4 REPLIES
Master

Re: S5: Update today still did not fix problems!

VTpoz,

That's not how I want you to feel. It sounds like the issues are software related. Reporting the issues to the manufacturer will help them with developing an update which can fix known issues.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: S5:  Update today still did not fix problems!

Samsung says it is a problem with Sprints mobile network.

This is unbelievably frustrating, as I can't get Sprint management to approve a swap for a different model phone.  Not being able to send / receive work emails when I'm on the road is negatively affecting my job performance.  Unfortunately I will have to leave Sprint after 13 years.  So disappointed in the lack of customer service.

Master

Re: S5: Update today still did not fix problems!

VTpoz - Thank you for your longtime continued loyalty and support. We definitely don't want to lose you as a valued customer. So that we can look into this for you, we will need to access your Sprint account. So that you don't have to put your information on Sprint community, we ask that you contact us privately. Please visit: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X for more instructions on contacting us privately, and what to include in your message. Thank you and we look forward to hearing from you. - Kal Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Re: S5:  Update today still did not fix problems!

If anyone cares, I found the problem.  The phone works perfectly when in 4G or LTE network areas.  As soon as you get back into a 3G environment (my home town) the problems come back.  Thanks for nothing Sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 10:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat