Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 Volume Issues?

Journeyman

S5 Volume Issues?

I got my S5 about a week ago, and noticed that there are some volume issues. For some reason its incredibly low on phone calls and bluetooth calls, even when turned all the way up. Has anyone else experienced this? Its heard to hear anyone through my car speakerphone (Jabra Freeway bought in 2014) or at times through the phone.

Tags (2)
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Master

Re: S5 Volume Issues?

Jmusc1,

Whoa, I'm very sorry to see that you feel this way and that you are experiencing service issues. We understand how vital cellular service is and how frustrating interruptions in service can be. Rest assured we are here to help. Where do you experience these issues? If you can, please provide the zip code and closest intersecting cross streets of where you have these issues. With that information I can pinpoint the main towers you work off of and see if there is anything impacting your service. Please let me know, I look forward to your response.

Lucia
Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the exact same issue. My LG HB870 headphones aren't as loud as before and if you try to increase the volume with the built in equalizer or an app's equalizer the volume actually reduces! Also, I have a Samsung Soundbar. If I connect the S5 to it with the headphone jack the volume is static on the soundbar and can only be adjusted on the phone. I am also ticked because the salesperson told me the S5 had a micro high definition port ... which I used with my old phone. I am upgrading from a Motorola Droid RAZR with a micro HD port and switching from Verizon to Sprint. The S5 does not have a micro HD port. And to top it all off I get absolute GARBAGE reception at my house, barely 1 bar, whereas Verizon had full bars 4G service that was so good I got 18mbps and got rid of my cable modem. VERY DISAPPOINTED!!!!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I am having the same issue with my S5. Sprint service store can't seem to figure out why.

Highlighted
Master

Kayden0785

Thank you for reaching out to us and bringing this to our attention. I'm sorry you are having issues with you volume on your S5. Have you done a soft reset on the device to see if that helps? How long has this been going on? Let me know I'm here to help.

Thank you

*Randi
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I have performed a soft reset, and a hard reset. I have also been getting a connection error 6621 and a 6602. Is this a sprint issue or a Samsung issue?

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

I am a Sprint employee and product ambassador, carrying a Galaxy S5. I've not experienced any such issues with call volume, either on the phone, speakerphone, headset or BT.

Are you adjusting the volume when you're ON a call, or not on a call? If you adjust volume when NOT on a call then you are only adjusting the ringer volume. You have to be on an active call to adjust call volume. You can call your own v-mail to make adjustments so you're not fiddling with it during an important call.

Make sure your headset or BT device has the volume up to max. That way you can use the phone to adjust in-call volume as necessary. Also make sure any BT device has a good charge. I've been "victim" of a dead BT headset more than once.

Lastly, Samsung has integrated some audio "safety" measures into TouchWiz. When listening to any audio source via a headset or BT device the volume increase will 'stop' and a message will be displayed on screen warning you of excessive volume and hearing damage. You have to click "OK" to keep pushing the volume up. In my opinion, it's a little annoying and it comes at a point when it's barely hear-able over typical background noise.

I hope this helps.

sprintemployee

Sprint Product Ambassador and Sprint employee --

All opinions and views are my own. But I'm usually pretty funny and totally on point because I'm humorous and a smart guy, not just a pretty face.
Highlighted
Master

jmez

Hi there. Are these headphones wireless? If so, do wired headphones produce better volume? I understand that you are having service issues as well. What are your cross streets and zip, please? I'll take a look at the area for you.

Robin
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I bought my phone 11 days ago, and I am having the same problem.  After having the phone for one week, I went back to Best Buy and they gave me a new phone.  People are still telling me that I sound like I am in a tunnel!  HELP SPRINT!

Highlighted
Master

Ishka12

I understand how disruptive poor call quality can be, especially while dealing with business. As you stated, the phone was already replaced and the problem is still happening. At this point I would say that it's a network related issue. Is the problem only happening in one specific location or anywhere you go? When the problem occurs, are you using bluetooth or any other type of headset? What are the cross streets and zip code of the affected areas?

Chris
Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I brought my phone 8 days ago and I can't use my earphones (samsung and beats) in the phone because the person on the other end hears their echo.  I switched to different set of earphone and was told I sound like I'm talking with my hand over my mouth, but was better than the echo.....THESE WERE IPHONE earphones (go figure).  By the way, sprint swapped the phone for another one and problem still exist.  Also, I used the same earphones on a friends s5 and had NO ISSUE.  Maybe because they have VERIZON.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Yes I have the same problem.

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat