Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 volume rocker button used during picture taking or video recording does not operate the zoom feature, instead it takes multiple frames. Why is this?

Highlighted
Journeyman

S5 volume rocker button used during picture taking or video recording does not operate the zoom feature, instead it takes multiple frames. Why is this?

My old S2 has that zoom control as well as my daughter's S4. I went to one corporate store repair center which said the volume rocker button does not control the zoom. I called Sprint customer service and was told my unit must be defective . The Sprint store checked its phones, not one of the S 5's had the volume/ rocker zoom control, so they said that's the way they're set up and there's no setting to change that .

I then showed them the Sprint on line s5 Manual, namely page 81, which clearly states the volume rocker button DOES control the zoom in both picture taking and video recording . There is also the method of pinching the screen to zoom in and out., but that is difficult , because you're then holding the phone with one hand ,which is not conducive to good picture taking .

So, how do we get the volume rocker button to control the zoom?

3 REPLIES 3
Master

Re: S5 volume rocker button used during picture taking or video recording does not operate the zoom feature, instead it takes multiple frames. Why is this?

AJSESQ I'm so sorry for all your troubles. If you quickly press and release the volume key it will take a picture. However, if you press and hold the volume key it will focus causing it to zoom. Mitzie Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: S5 volume rocker button used during picture taking or video recording does not operate the zoom feature, instead it takes multiple frames. Why is this?

That did not work on my phone bought it 2 days ago taking it back today, also sound quality sucks

Highlighted
Master

beckierose So sorry to hear that your new phone did not work out. You are still within your 14 days Sprint satisfaction Guarantee so you will definitely can take your phone back today. Mitzie Sprint Social Care Team.
Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat