cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

S5 wifi calling update where is it???

Journeyman

S5 wifi calling update where is it???

Ive been waiting on this update have have manually checked still no update that came out yesterday. .. where is it?

14 REPLIES 14
Master

Re: S5 wifi calling update where is it???

chuckdaddy

Thank you for reaching out. Once an update it released, it is released in waves. It can sometimes take a few weeks to get it pushed out to all customers. We appreciate your patience during this and you will get it soon.

Melyssa
Sprint Social Care
Wizard

It would definitely be nice to get WiFi calling going on my S5 since the signal level (RSSI) here is usually around -100 to -110 because of the Sprint site antennas being aimed too low and cutting off the apartment complex here on the top of the hill. (..and I can actually SEE a set of Sprint antennae from here.)

At least we now know that the software has been released, and will eventually roll out to all of us.

Master

TOMAS_ Yes, the update are rolled out in waves and should be released out shortly. Mitzie Sprint Social Care Team.
Highlighted
Wizard

My update rolled in the afternoon of 24JUN14, and allowed it to load and update. I then went through the set-up for the WiFi Calling, registered my WiFi node, made a test call, and sent and received a couple text messages. Everything worked like a champ, and the "Wizard" that stepped me through the setup made it an easy job.

I look forward to registering more WiFi nodes and using them.

Journeyman

Does your sprint zone app show that you have updated? Mine shows that I still need a device update.

Wizard

Not sure where you are looking in your Sprint Zone app, but when I view my plan there it's shows "Sprint Wi-Fi Calling" as a plan add-on.

sero_screenshot_redacted_25JUN14.jpg

Journeyman

NO sorry thats not what im asking about in the sprint zone app heres a few pics.. and the system update every time i restart the phone is strange Screenshot_2014-06-26-00-37-47.pngScreenshot_2014-06-26-00-38-02.pngScreenshot_2014-06-26-00-41-42.pngScreenshot_2014-06-26-00-41-52.png

GrandMaster

the update it is telling you is ready is the one for wifi calling

Re: 6/18 - Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update - NE5

Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update - NE5

Enhancements/Fixes

• Wi-Fi Calling

Important Notes

- Software version is G900PVPU1ANE5 <<<<<--------------

- This update will be rolled out in batches.

- Refer to the Samsung Galaxy S5 Software Update article in Support for install instruction

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Journeyman

Yeah I get that... what no one is understanding ive already done that update I have the wifi calling...

GrandMaster

per your thread title its saying a bit differently lol..might want to fix that so there isnt anymore confusion.

more than likely its a issue with sprintzone not fully syncing up with the phone itself..same reason its been showing for quite a few years now that most people have a PRL update available yet its the same one theyre already running.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Wizard

Yeah, my SprintZone Dashboard shows *exactly* the same thing as chuckdaddy's even though I'm running WiFi calling with no problems...

I think more than anything else it is just extremely poor wording of the SprintZone app itself.

I think it is saying your current version is ...NE5, would you like to check for an update?

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat