ForumTopicPage
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SVLTE on galaxy S5

Journeyman

SVLTE on galaxy S5

Does sprint plan on letting this function work on the galaxy s5 at any point in time? If I cannot surf while on a phone call, I will be returning this phone ASAP. Why in this day and age sprint would not allow this function is beyond me.

15 REPLIES 15
Journeyman

Re: SVLTE on galaxy S5

The phone was shipped with only one radio. It was never inteaded to work on Sprint handling voice and data at the same time. Unfortunately they dont tell you that until after you get the phone.  Just return it like I will.

Master

BOMBACIM,

Thanks for reaching out. Spark devices currently have single radio functionality. This allows the device to efficiently use multiple CDMA and LTE spectrum bands allowing for improved network connection and quality, but simultaneous voice and data over the network are not supported at this time. It is currently possible to talk and surf with these devices when connected to a wifi network. Unfortunately we do not have a date as to when simultaneous voice and data over the network will be available on single radio devices.

*Jathen
Sprint Social Care
Master

If I'm not wrong, I read online that Sprint will start implementing the Voice over LTE in July, so until then, no multi use.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

I bought my S5 the day they came out and so did my son, he said he can talk and surf the net. Only difference is he is with T-Mobile. This is not fair at all!

Master

jafa22,

Thanks for reaching out! As it was stated above, Spark devices are currently has a single radio function. You can do both, call and web access, if connected to Wifi.

Thanks,
Justin Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I need to be able to talk and use internet at the same time so mine is going back tomorrow. I have an S3 what other newer phones don't have the spark?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Why would Sprint introduce a "premier" phone fora network "feature" that they don't have built out yet?  Didn't they learn from the WiMax fiasco?

It's ridiculous that the same phone on different networks can't all do the same thing.  Just like Sprint, AT&T and Verizon removing the "Download Booster".

Journeyman

The difference is being on a cdma network and a gsm network. T-Mobile and att are gsm so you cab talk abd surf at the same time. Sprint and Verizon are cdma so they dont support talk and web at the same time.

Journeyman

Not totally right i switched to verizon 2 days ago because of I need to be able to surf the web and talk simultaneously its only sprint spark that cant perform such a simple task.

Master

actually it is just a provision that they will need to do in the towers and a software update in the phones, not sure why Sprint never did that.

Also it does not matter if it is GSM or CDMA, both are capable to do that if the carriers will choose to enable it. Most of them do it by now and soon all of them will do it.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Journeyman

So again I ask, when will this be fixed or will I be turning this phone in? I am already upset with this phone that it does not have wifi calling capabilities, but the S4 does. And this phone does with other carriers.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat