Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S 5 Fact Sheet

Wizard

Samsung Galaxy S 5 Fact Sheet

Samsung Galaxy S® 5
Meaningful innovations making every day better

Productivity

• Sprint Spark, a unique combination of advanced network capabilities built for data delivering peak wireless speeds of 60Mbps today on capable devices
  • Android™ 4.4.2, KitKat
  • 2.5GHz quad-core processor
  • Personal and business email, as well as IM through Google Hangouts™
  • Google Mobile™ wireless services such as Google Search™, Gmail™, Google Maps™ for Android, Google Calendar™, Drive and YouTube™
  • 3G/4G LTE mobile hotspot capability supporting up to 10 Wi-Fi® enabled devices simultaneously
  • Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
  • Samsung Knox™ to help ensure that businesses have the security and control they require to protect sensitive data
  • Quick Connect
  • Multi Window™ allows users to seamlessly toggle between applications without closing a window or opening a new page
  • S Health™1,
  • HD Voice, virtually eliminating background noise and sound quality is dramatically enhanced on a call between two Sprint HD Voice-enabled devices on upgraded areas of the Sprint network
  • NFC (near field communication) allowing the device to read information from everyday objects, like stickers and posters embedded with NFC chips or use as a mobile wallet to make safe, secure purchases
  • IP67 water and dust resistant2

Entertainment/Personalization

• Dual Cameras: 16-megapixel rear-facing Phase Detection Auto Focus camera with Zero Shutter Lag, flash and video capture, and 2-megapixel front-facing camera with full HD recording at 30fps
  • Studio, a complete photo and video editing suite
  • Fingerprint sensor to lock and unlock the smartphone
  • Google Play™ with more than 1 million apps, millions of songs and books and thousands of movies
  • Samsung Smart Remote simplifies searching and recommends TV, movies and sports according to personal tastes. With Smart Remote and the built-in IR blaster, Galaxy S 5 functions as a remote control for home theater equipment.
  • Air View™ lets you hover your finger over photos, files, links and text for an instant preview
  • 3.5mm stereo headset jack
  • Stereo Bluetooth® 4.0

Specifications

• Dimensions: 5.6 inches x 2.9 inches x 0.3 inches (142mm x 72.5mm x 8.1mm)
  • Weight: 5.1 ounces (145 grams)
  • Display: 5.1-inch Full HD Super AMOLED® display (1920x1080)
  • Battery: 2,800mAh Lithium-ion battery
  • Memory: 16GB internal memory (ROM), 2GB (RAM) microSD™ card slot supports up to 128GB
  • Color Options: Charcoal Black and Shimmery White

1This device, S Health, and related software is not intended for use in the diagnosis of disease or other conditions, or in the cure, mitigation, treatment or prevention of disease.

2This device has been tested and received an IP (Ingress Protection) rating of IP67, which tests for dust intrusion and for water submersion up to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes. Not shockproof. Covers must be tightly closed.

Portion of memory occupied by existing content

Source: newsroom.sprint.com

39 REPLIES 39
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S 5 Fact Sheet

Will Sprint be offering the 32gb option for the S5?

Highlighted
Master

chances are no, but with a 128Gb SD card in there it will be good (if Google releases the limitation on the SD writing capabilities), I understand the 32Gb internal need, but as always, Sprint will not do that.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Master

VersaOwner77:

Unfortunately, at this time, we do not have any pre-release information relative to how the phone will be configured for memory. Keep an eye on www.Sprint.com/Newxroom for announcements of device specs and options.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

I've got a 64gb card in my S3, and don't need anything even that big. The problem is the app limitations needing to be on the phone memory. If that changes, then there would be a ton of happy customers.

Sadly I wish more people begged for higher capacity devices so Sprint would offer them. Here's to hoping!

Highlighted
Master

VersaOwner77:

I am a gadget head and love to have the max memory possible for my device. Most of us working here are the same way as well. I understand exactly what you mean. I wish I did have a concrete answer to your inquiry, but, alas, I do not. We do provide, and will continue to provide a variety of devices to meet price points for our customers. It's a bit of balancing act, so to speak, regarding demand and pricing as well. Then, there is the manufacturer aspect that comes into play at times. Personally, I'm hoping I can upgrade to a Note 4 with 128gb onboard memory when it comes out.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Master

I guess Sprint got burned with the note 2 32Gb version, that did not sell that much, but still they should be able to accommodate some sort of online ordering for the 32Gb with a very limited supply or ability to activate an universally unlocked phone.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

I also want to go on record that I think it's hypocritical to say you won't offer the higher storage capacity phones and then have EVERYTHING Apple offers in their phone lineup.

It looks like my only hope would be to find an international version that could work on the Sprint network.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

it could also boil down to another carrier getting rights to the 32gb version..wouldnt be the first time this has happened.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Master

T-mobile did not specify as an exclusive the 32Gb. I'm sure it is because of the price range, even though Sprint will still discount the same amount. I have to say the demand is not there for the 32Gb (just a fraction of the 16Gb).

Highlighted
GrandMaster

with the ability to use a sd card on the majority of these phones out today more often than not the extra internal memory isnt even needed..nice to have as a just in case but if im able to move everything over onto a 64gig sd card or larger why would i need to worry?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

The operating system takes up a lot of the memory of the original 16gb. Then, start getting the apps I like, and the memory quickly fills up. I don't have any music on my phone and pictures get uploaded to Dropbox and removed quickly from my phone. All possible apps are on my SD card, but not many as it messes with the operation of the app.

I'm just saying that more options would help me an many others, I'm sure.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat