cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 4.4.4 Update Problem - Samsung Keyboard Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S5 4.4.4 Update Problem - Samsung Keyboard Issues

I received the 4.4.4 update last night and noticed that the behavior of the keyboard on the login screen has now changed. I have encrypted my phone and Samsung forces users to use a password when they encrypt. It's pretty useful to have character preview activated to prevent mistyping a relatively long password (as opposed to a short pin) and then having to retype the whole thing out again when a mistake is made. With a long "secure" password and tiny keyboard it's easy to make a mistake. With character preview enabled it's much easier to catch a mistyped character than without it enabled.

Android 4.4.2 had the character preview feature enabled on the login screen. Android 4.4.4 has disabled the character preview on the login screen. On the keyboard settings I have the character preview option turned on and it works once I've logged in. My guess is it's been disabled on the login screen as a security feature. I find this to be overkill though and not really necessary. The pain inflicted by me having to retype my password, sometimes several times, far outweighs the minuscule risk that someone somehow is going to observe me typing in my password. Note that the keyboard settings are disabled on the login screen as well so there's no way to change this behavior as far as I can see.

My question is where do I report this issue so that developers can hopefully change it back? To Sprint or Samsung? If Samsung, how do I report it to them?

1 REPLY 1
Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 4.4.4 Update Problem - Samsung Keyboard Issues

PieceOfPaper,

Thank you for reaching out to us with your device concerns. I understand how this can be a bit frustrating. I would be happy to provide feedback to the proper channel for further investigation on our end, But you still would want to bring this to Samsung attention as they are the main developer of the device. You can reach them by calling 800-SAMSUNG. Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

*Randi
Sprint Social Care
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat