cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5: Delayed texts, calls

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S5: Delayed texts, calls

Ever since 'upgrading' from the iPhone 4s to the Samsung Galaxy S5, I have been regretting switching phones. The biggest issue is one that has been plaguing me for a LONG time with sprint; texts and calls will either be severely delayed or never come in at all. Just now, a friend of mine is sending me texts from their phone but nothing is coming through at all. I see other people are having the same problem. I've tried powering my phone on and off, but it's at the point where that doesn't work any more either.

I've stopped at several Sprint stores in my area and every time they tell me 'towers being updated' or some similar bs, yet the last time I contacted Sprint on here they confirmed the nearest towers were not undergoing any updates. I've had it with this problem. It's affecting my work WAY too much... I either need an ABSOLUTE SOLUTION immediately or I will be more than happy to seek out another cell service provider who actually provides the services they say they do.

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Master

SPENCERCOOL - We're definitely sorry for this issue. Please provide the cross streets and zip code for the problem area. We would like to check the area for you, to verify there are no tower outages. - Indie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I have been having the same issues for years and I am in NYC. The best solution I have found is call tech support every two weeks to get refreshed on their end.

Highlighted
Journeyman

02368; North Main St and South Main St.

I would hope there are no outages that have been ongoing for the past 3 years...

Highlighted
Master

SPENCERCOOL - We apologize for the service issues you're experiencing. I can definitely understand your frustration. There are no outages reported in the area that you've provided. Have you tried to update the profile? Please let us know. - Indie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Here's what I have done;

-Restarted my phone

-Made sure EVERYTHING was up to date

-Updated profile, etc...

-Brought phone in to multiple sprint stores/kiosks

-Called tech support

-Reset phone to factory specs

This has gone on for years over multiple phones, and there's no end in sight. I've only had one phone ever that had minimal issues (only happened four times in the 2 year period I had it).

Highlighted
Master

SPENCERCOOL - I truly apologize for the experience that you've had. This issue can be very frustrating. Since you're having this issue with all of your devices, and for a long period time it seems like it's a network issues. We have already reported your specific location to our network team. Sprint is continually working to expand our cell sites and we thank you very much for your patience. - Indie
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Is there any reason why this issue would seem to not effect the iPhone? Of all the devices I've had, the iPhone rarely had this problem. Every other device, it's an almost daily occurrence.

Highlighted
Master

SPENCERCOOL, We currently don't have any information as to why that is. Our network team is looking into the issue to find a resolution. If you should have any additional questions or concerns, feel free to reach out to us. We're always here and willing to assist you. - Beatrice
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Gave it a few weeks using different settings; problem still persists. If there's no cause/solution to the problem, is there any way to get a phone that does work?

Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi i am having the same issue as well i actually went threw my insurance to have the phone replaced and 2 1/2 weeks later the replacement phone is doing the exact same thing and they keep trouble shooting my phone telling me to power it on and off and that might work for a day then its back to doing the same thing i have been with sprint for 4 years and the s5 is the first phone i have had this many issues with.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I have this same problem with my Galaxy S4.

I have noticed that if I call out or receive a phone call, that I get all my delayed text messages, after a 5 second delay.

I have resorted to calling Time and Temp regularly to check for Texts.

There must be some problem with the phone not checking for Text messages.

From everything I've read, it seems that SMS and MMS is still being delivered over 3G/2G even when you're connected to LTE.

I wonder if the Sprint Connections Optimizer, connecting me to LTE is keeping my phone from checking the 3G/2G connections for SMS messages.

I have turned this off the optimizer to see if it helps.

I hope Sprint comes up with a solution for this soon!

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat