Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 no vibration or haptic

Go to solution
Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S5 no vibration or haptic

I've had my S5 for about ten days, and just today the vibration and haptic functions stopped working. I tried resetting the phone, changing all of the settings for vibration and haptic feedback, and even tested vibration in the diagnostics menu and got nothing. I'm afraid this is a hardware issue and I'll either need a replacement or repair. Since I haven't even had the phone for a month, will it be possible to get a free replacement or repair? If I'm not even getting vibration in the diagnostics menu, is there any way this is a software issue that I can fix without taking the phone apart?

6 REPLIES 6
Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 no vibration or haptic

Do you have Power Saver turned on? Looks like a little battery with a leaf on it in the notification bar.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Journeyman

Nope, power saving is turned off, and even if it weren't I'd still be getting vibration in the diagnostics menu. Power saver does not override diagnostics.

Journeyman

Typically that's a hardware issue. Do you have a repair center near you? I think unless things have changed the vibration mechanism can be replaced. It seems you've done all you can to fix it yourself.

Good Luck

-S

Journeyman

Thanks, that's what I figured, but I didn't want to throw in the towel without some more confirmation. I don't have a repair center near me, so I'm just going to take it into the Sprint store tomorrow and see what they can do for me. Hopefully I can get a replacement because it's only been 10 days since I bought it.

Master

Silent-G - It sounds like this may be caused by an internal hardware problem on the phone. Since you have tried troubleshooting the phone with out success I would suggest taking the phone to a store to be looked at. The store will be able to repair it or replace the phone for you. –AJ Sprint Social Care
Master

Silent-G

That is very unfortunate that you are experiencing these issues with your device. Being that you have had the device for a month, you are outside of the 14 day period. With that being said, if you have TEP (Total Equipment Protection) on the device you can take the device to the nearest Sprint repair center. If you do not have TEP, I would recommend that you contact Samsung, your device is under the one year manufactures warranty. Just as a reminder, the warranty is voided if there is any physical or water damage to the device.

Marcus

Sprint Social Care
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat