cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 - not ringing

Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 - not ringing

Sondra2012,

That's great to hear! If you have any questions or concerns feel free to contact us.

Currie
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Hmmm, give up your 4G services to use this phone? I just bought a 4G/LTE Galaxy S5 phone.

I'm suppose get a call notification a few hours before I'm to report for duty. My phone never rang, it didn't post any new voice mails or text messages. I was reprimanded, punished for missing a call.

I like this phone, its not the phone. It seems to be an issue with Sprint. Other carriers don't seem to have a LTE / CDMA issue. I owned an iPhone and it performed poorly with Sprint. Why did I stay with Sprint? SMH. .. 78211 Zip code.

Master

Wil_TX
I'm sorry about what has happened to you. May you provide the corresponding cross streets for the zip code you provided? I'd like to take a look at the towers within the area to see what's going on, so we can get this resolved for you. - Tiara
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm still having issues with my phone not ringing when on LTE. From my post back in May, nothing has changed...

My zip code is 78247, cross streets of Vista Oaks Dr & Maple Vista.

Tried PRL & Profile updates.

Tried Hands Free Activation (##72786#).

The Spark icon (looks like a sun) constantly spins.

The 3G icon will also constantly spin when moving to a different part of the house.

Only 1 little bar of service (if any) through the entire neighborhood.

My S3 would always have at least 4 bars of service for 4G and/or 3G.

I've currently switched the S5 to CDMA just so I won't miss work related calls, but am not happy with it.

I have also tried a factory reset to no avail. On top of these issues, my work related discount has been removed from my account and no one can tell me why or be able to add it back.

TL;DR ... Sprint's service with the Galaxy S5 is horrible and I'm ready to switch to a different carrier.

Master

Spaztrick

Sorry to hear about this. Have you tried changing the device to and from airplane mode sometimes this help to establish a signal? Also, is the devices software up to date? As for your discount you can reapply for it at sprint.com/verify. Lastly if you would like us to look into why the discount was removed in the first place. Can you send us a PM with your phone number, pin and a link to this thread?

Patrick N.
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I'm having the same issue with my galaxy s5 and my husband as well with his galaxy mega. We aren't getting our calls. Our area code is 77429

Master

Mr. Medrando - Thank you for bringing this to my attention. I am sorry that you are having intermittent service. I have checked your zip code and there are no reported outages. To narrow this down, may I have the two nearby cross streets? What kind of service issues are you having? Let me know. - Brenda Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Cross streets are huffmeister & cypress Rose hill. We aren't recieving phone calls.

Master

MR.MEDRANO,

Thank you. However, all reports on the Tower in this area are showing good performance levels. May I ask if you are using an Airave device in your home? Also, have you tried updating the Profiles on the devices? Please let me know.

Sincerely,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Wow, I can't believe I just read 11 pages of this! It's been going on for months and nothing is fixed yet??? I just got the S5 about a week ago and am thinking maybe I should return it while I still can.

I am having the same issues with calls, sometimes it rings and sometimes it doesn't. I just missed a call from my Mom, I saw the call coming in as the phone is right in front if me, by the time I picked it up it had gone to voicemail. To test the ringer I called my phone from my husbands phone immediately after the missed call [no ring!] and the darn thing rang just fine!

I am in my house, only 1 tiny bar of service but no spinning spark icon like others have mentioned. Full WiFI but I haven't enabled call over wifi so that really shouldn't have anything to do with it. I don't intend to enable it either as I don't feel I should have to rely on a wifi signal to receive a call. Why on earth should I have to do that???  Not even customer service or tech support should think I would naive enough to accept this as a workaround, after all I need to be able to make/receive calls when I am  somewhere without wifi.

As far as reverting to CDMA only, if this has been going on since May why should I still be expected to disable 4G/LTE to use my phone as a phone? We finally have some [spotty I might add] LTE service in my area and now you are saying I can't use it???

My Mom has Verizon with guess what, no problems. I have many friends with AT&T with yep, you guessed it, no problems. After about 20 years I guess it might be time to move on.

Master

kab0025,

I do sincerely apologize for this issue. However, please know our techs are still working on a resolution.

Thank you,

KC
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I hope you can break free of your contract and move on without Sprint. They won't be fixing this problem anytime soon. I love the Galaxy S5, I just don't think Sprint is capable of handling 4G/LTE service. I've been with Sprint for a long time too. But, I can't risk not reporting for duty when I'm called. The nice Sprint Reps replying to our messages aren't the problem. AT&T or Version are the safest way to go. Then our loves one can reach us and I can report for duty when I'm called in. Most of our supervisors are aware of this unique Sprint issue and are advising their personnel to go with another carrier. I'm going to buy a land line until I can get away from Sprint.

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat