cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 - not ringing

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S5 - not ringing

Purchased the S5 on April 11th.  All sound notifications are on.  Phone not ringing.  People call and tell me that they've been calling, but I'm not receiving a ringtone.   Sometimes the only way that I know that a person has called, is after I received a voicemail notification.

231 REPLIES 231
Highlighted
Journeyman

Btw, it happens everywhere. Not just that location.

Highlighted
Journeyman

7/13/2015 It's been 2 full weeks since my phone started not receiving phone calls. If I am on 4G LTE my phone will no ring. The only way I can get it to ring is if I initiate a call, something changed recently in the last 2 weeks. I notice now that when I call out the phone gets stuck for up to 10 seconds trying to connect the call. Something I was not experiencing up to 2 weeks ago. Now the only way to receive calls is to set it to CDMA and disable the 4G LTE function of my Galaxy S5. Way to go SPRINT, a real class act.

Highlighted
Journeyman

My s5 has no sound either. All volumes are up, not a peep 😕

Highlighted
Journeyman

I fixed the problem of my Samsung Galaxy S5 not ringing when I got incoming (receiving) phone calls. Here's how:

Settings -> [Applications section, last one] --> Call --> Call rejection --> Auto reject mode:  Make sure "Off" or "Auto reject numbers" is checked. (Not "All incoming calls" -- that was the problem on my phone, somehow in my pocket it had set itself to Auto-reject all incoming calls.) 

Mine is a Samsung HAL-9000 [aka Galaxy S5]. Clever if lazy little bugger.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat