cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy S5 reception horrible!

Journeyman

Samsung Galaxy S5 reception horrible!

Recently upgraded from a Samsung Galaxy S5 from the S3 and I am completely dissappointed in the service.  I do not get reception anywhere and continually have missed calls!  This is unacceptable.  I never had this problem with my S5.  This is extremely frustrating!  As a paying customer I feel that this issue needs to me corrected or customers need to be reimbursed in some way.  I wish I had never upgraded!   What is going on Sprint?  You need to take care of this problem!

36 REPLIES 36
Highlighted
Master

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 reception horrible!

Hanna3880,

Thanks for the post! We definitely understand it can be frustrating when you are unable to use your service. Can you please provide your cross streets as well as your zip code to see what's going on? I look forward to your response.

Kalah
Sprint Social Care Team
Highlighted
Journeyman

My zipe code is 07302.

Highlighted
Master

hanna3880 -Thank you for posting. We've checked the area. There were no issues noted. We recommend performing a profile update. The following are the steps; from the home screen press the Apps button, then tap Settings, then tap System Updates, and tap Update Profile. On the message box tap OK. The profile will then be updated. Let's give that a try. -Ramiro Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Same thing here. I cannot make calls in or around my home.  They've checked everything.  They recently sent me an Airave device to boost the signal and I still cannot make phone calls.  This happens, up to 6 - 8 blocks away from my house.  It is frustrating and annoying.  I want credit for 3 months of service.  This is ridiculous.

Highlighted
Master

Shakia45

That's not good to hear. Being that you have an Airave, that should have allowed you to make calls inside your home. Are the lights green on the Airave? When you're at home, does the phone show signal bars? Can you also provide the nearest cross streets and zip-code, so I can get the latest network information for your area?

George
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It already says its been updated and there are no new updates.  I can't see why this would be a problem since my phone always automatically updates and I always check to make sure it is.

Highlighted
Journeyman

I completely agree with you!  I called my phone with my landline 7 times and all 7 times my cell phone never rang and then went to voicemail!  Completely ridiculous!

Highlighted
Journeyman

I was told my a customer rep that this area does not have great LTE service and she does not know how long it will take for Sprint to put in more towers?? I find this totally unacceptable.  I upgraded, signed another contract just so I can have service that is still not completely working?  I've been with Spring for over 10 years and never had so many problems before! 

Highlighted
Master

hanna3880

I will alert our network team about the issue. I want you to also try resetting the network settings on the phone. To do that, press ##72786# on the dial pad. The phone will restart then go through an activation sequence.

George
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I went through the activation process but the service remains the same.  I do not have any bars right now.  I tried calling my cell phone with my landline several times and it does not ring more than half the time.

Highlighted
Master

hanna3880:
Please provide the two cross streets of your location. I'd like to check the tower that specifically serves you. Also, please let me know how your S5 is set under both Network Settings and Roaming Settings.

Shakia45:
Please advise also if you have your device set to CDMA, LTE or another setting. The Aiarave does not connect to devices on CDMA is on. Also, please dial *99 from your cell phone while within Airave range and let us know the exact message your hear.

Jon H.

Sprint Social Care Team
Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat