Samsung Galaxy S5 software update - version G900PVPU3BOF6

Highlighted

Enhancements/Fixes:

• Samsung Reactivation Lock User Notification

Important Info:

• Phased deployment starts on 7/6/15 and will be completed by 8/22/15
  • Customers will receive the update in phased batches.  Customer Care cannot tell when individual devices will receive the update, so please do not call asking!  Thanks
  • For additional info, check out the software update article in Sprint Support
11 REPLIES 11
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 software update - version G900PVPU3BOF6

Please tell us this update is a prerequisite to the Lollipop 5.1.1 and not a replacement!

Can you confirm that Galaxy S5 users will receive the 5.1.1 software update which we definitely deserve and patiently anticipated while enduring all sorts of ongoing problems with Lollipop 5.0?

Highlighted
Journeyman

So I just was force-fed this update....and now my phone is in a constant "Re-boot" loop.

Any suggestions?

PS - the linked article is for a Note 4.....

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not sure about the Note 4, but after I received the update to my GS5, I contacted Sprint about my issues, and decided to perform a factory reset. I did so and got rid of some problems, but now I continue to see pop-up messages that Google has stopped working and my Sprint Zone app freezes periodically. I'm sure that we need the 5.1.1 update to remove the rest of these bugs.

I'm still waiting for a reply to my question above from Sprint. It's apparent the we are still being ignored or just disregarded. Our problems aren't important or severe enough for a reasonable software update. Hopefully, I'm wrong.

Highlighted

Thanks for the note about the wrong device.  I fixed that.

Waltg888

I don't want to inconvenience you both, but it sounds like the store technicians need to take a look at your devices.  Go ahead and take them into a Sprint store near you both.  It is tough to troubleshoot device issues on the Community.  You can always post a discussion in the Customer Service forum to see if they can help, but the real experts are the store technicians. 

Thanks!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

the SZ deal you can probably fix by going into settings-apps and clear the cache and data on your Sprint Zone app..should clear that right up..as usual some updates take a bit more time to fully settle itself into a phone all the way..no idea why..some see improvements after a few restarts or power cycles..just spread them out a bit so the phone can try to make its adjustments and you can test it for a bit to see if its improving or not.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted
Journeyman

Robby, I appreciate the info, but going to a store won't resolve the problem. We've been there. The real issue is the software. We've had problems since the initial Lollipop 5.0 update. I simply wanted to know if we're going to receive the 5.1.1 update, that was my question.

My problem isn't isolated. Problems are running rampant with Galaxy S5 owners. Just want to know if Sprint is going to address our problems with the 5.1.1 update??? Thanks!

Highlighted
GrandMaster

the updates come from the manufacturer..not the carrier..might check the Samsung site to see if there is anything being said about it over there..dont see why you guys wouldnt get it though. 5.1 will more than likely include a bunch of bug fixes.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Highlighted

Yes, you will receive the 5.1.1 update.  The most recent maintenance release does have a phased deployment through 8.22.15, so your device is recognized by the manufacturer.  Sprint will not know the exact date you will receive.

On the software issues...you might need to try a factory reset.  I personally have the S6 edge which runs the same software versions and do not have these issues.  That being said, sometimes the hardware may be a problem.  Again, I hate to see you have these issues.  if you haven't done the factory reset, it will be worth a try.  Make sure to back up all of you pics, etc before you initiate it.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Thanks Robby, I very much appreciate your response!! I performed the factory reset and also received several app updates from Google. Thanks again!

Highlighted
Journeyman

After an hour and change on the phone, and multiple attempts to fix, I had to do a factory reset.

So far it seems to have fixed the ReBoot issue.

Now to go through the joy of setting up all my screens, re-deleting all the crappy apps that come with the device, restoring certain things......I do wish there were an easy way to keep all your voicemail though.

Highlighted
GrandMaster

i believe backing up the phone with Kies will also save your voice mail messages..i would have to double check on that one though..i know when i back up my HTC phone even my texts are backed up..

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat