Samsung Galaxy S5 software update - version G900PVPU3CPG1

Samsung Galaxy S5 software update - version G900PVPU3CPG1

Features/Enhancements:

• July Security Patches
  • Short code messaging fix
  • Updated Kineto client
  • Fix for SOS message feature

Important Info:

• Phased roll-out of the update starts on 8/4/16 and will be completed by 9/30/16
  • Keep in mind devices receive the update in phases each day. Customer Care cannot tell users when they will exactly get the update.  Please do not call asking.  Thanks
5 REPLIES 5
Journeyman

Re: Samsung Galaxy S5 software update - version G900PVPU3CPG1

On Sept 6, 2016, I received update G900PVPU3CPH3 from Sprint. The update was 50 to 60 MB. Are there specs or a change log for this update?

GrandMaster

i reached out to someone to see what info i can get back. im not seeing that update mentioned anywhere other than in here...and they no longer have the update articles there for this device..so checking there is out of the equation.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

im leaning towards it being either a security patch or something that came directly from Samsung. since i did a site search and youre the only one to mention this specific update..ever...im leaning towards it coming directly from Sammy.

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
GrandMaster

so a search by myself through all of the S5's updates in its lifetime and by my contact including google pulled nothing but this thread. are you sure what you typed in was correct?

GrandMaster

well this thread and where you asked over at XDA...taking it they had no answer either?

Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat