cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S5 - Bluetooth Issues

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung S5 - Bluetooth Issues

I just recently purchased a new Samsung S5 - I'm having Bluetooth issues where the music is skipping and sounds garbled. Anyone having the same issues? Any fixes available?? I've got the latest updates on my phone. Can anyone offer any help?

11 REPLIES 11
Master

Re: Samsung S5 - Bluetooth Issues

AdamC1985 - Thank you for reaching out. Are you experiencing this problem on all Bluetooth devices or just one? –AJ Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

All Issues from what I'm reading online this is a known issue with the S5 and bluetooth devices. Is this correct? Any fixes?

Master

AdamC1985 - No official word from Samsung regarding this issue. Have you tried any trouble shooting steps for this problem? –AJ Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

No trouble shooting steps, not yet, seems like this is an ongoing issue. Frustrating that I bought a new phone last night and already having issues with it. Can you tell me how to fix this?

Master

AdamC1985,

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you. Please visit: http://bit.ly/1lCgRpq for instructions. - Colleen
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Currently I'm not where I can call you, I will contact you guys soon. Thanks!

Journeyman

I had significant problems with Bluetooth with my S5 until last week's upgrade to 4.4.4. Your new Android may still be on 4.4.2. The 4.4.4 update is supposed to contain fixes for significant Bluetooth problems. You might try updating to see if that solves your problem.

Note- not a Sprint employee- just a user who needs a good BT connection for my long commute.

Journeyman

Thanks man I hope it does fix it, there is a lot of forms online about it. I'm not really sure where to start at. Did you do anything to temporarily fix your issue?

Journeyman

I've heard that clearing the cache worked for some users, but it never worked for me. Updating to 4.4.4, which didn't take that long over Wifi, totally fixed it.

Journeyman

Ever since the 4.4.4 update I've been having Bluetooth issues with my Tranzlt Blu hf in my 2005 Silverado. I'm able to link up with my Samsung sound bar and sound box which work flawlessly. However, when I'm in my truck my Bluetooth is intermittent. I'm able to link my 4.4.2 Tab 7 with my vehicle which also works flawlessly. Is there a fix to my dilemma?

Journeyman

I had the 4.4.4 Droid Maxx and never had any Bluetooth issues so it must be Sprint specific. I left Version because I grew tired of being nickeled and dimed by big red. I'm beginning to regret my decision.

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat