cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung S5 has NO LTE connection whatsoever. Very frustrated.

Highlighted
Journeyman

Samsung S5 has NO LTE connection whatsoever. Very frustrated.

I bought my Samsung S5 at the beginning, right when it came out back in April. I never saw a 4G symbol on my phone, but none of my other friends had Sprint or a Samsung S5 so I thought for the longest time maybe it was just an issue with Sprint. I'd call into Sprint, and they'd tell me the towers were being fixed, new towers being built, new towers being merged into the system, etc etc. No big deal, I don't mind waiting and it kind of slipped my mind. I moved in with my boyfriend a month ago, and he has a Note 3 that's on my family plan with the same 3G/4G network. We will be standing next to each other in a Starbucks and he will have 4G and I won't. And in fact.. I've never actually had LTE/4G, or so I found out. I looked at my bill, and my boyfriend and father both get LTE bytes used on their system.. and I don't. It'll show I used a certain amount of usage with 3G, but nothing at ALL with 4G. I won't even get into how my phone freezes and has been having issues since Day 1, including my flap to the charging station falling off within the first few days without any excessive force from myself.. so much for waterproof.

I've been to the Sprint store twice today. Called Sprint twice as well. I even was on the phone with Samsung for over an hour, and nothing was fixed. I can't really blame Sprint, it's not their fault, no one knew except me that I was having a serious problem with my phone not connecting at all to the LTE network, but I am kind of mad that I would have to pay $75 to replace a faulty phone that's been faulty since the day it arrived in my hands. Samsung was not helpful at all, all they did was troubleshoot, do the same things Sprint did with the same results, then told me I could have my phone repaired.. and go two weeks without a phone. Phone is faulty, phone has been faulty since I got it, it's not like I threw the phone on the ground and broke it, replace it. I'm extremely upset, if you can't tell, been a customer for 12 years and I feel like I'm being given the run around, being forced to pay for a new phone when I paid a LOT of money for this phone.

Felt like venting, but if anyone else is having the same exact issue and fixed it, please let me know.

(EDIT: Might I add here, I just moved from Chicago to South Florida.. so it's not an issue with my location.. my phone never had LTE service in either location)

17 REPLIES 17
Highlighted
Master

Re: Samsung S5 has NO LTE connection whatsoever. Very frustrated.

AstronautRaptor,
I am sorry to hear that. Please forward this information through a private message. We'd like to see if we may have a different option to offer. Here is the link to send the private message: http://bit.ly/1qQty1X.
- Yannick
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

When did you sign up for the insurance? With mine I have had close to 40 phones replaced and never paid the $75 because when I signed up for insurance that was not on the agreement. Just look over the paperwork you have and call them out on any issues that you see all they wanna do is make money

Highlighted
Journeyman

I'm not on the insurance, I didn't know I needed insurance for being handed a faulty phone, ya know? Like.. if this was my fault, and I had dropped my phone in a lake, or my phone stopped working because I dropped it or something of that sort, I would absolutely pay the $75, because it would be my fault. But my phone has been faulty since the first day it arrived on my doorstep.. it's just a dud phone, and it's making me upset that no one is taking responsibility for this issue and keep telling me I have to pay. I pay $200 a month, for 12 years, and I paid $300 something for this phone you're telling me one of these guys can't say.. okay, look, we'll replace your phone because it's faulty. And having to have to deal with Samsung on my own was a joke.. they are about as helpful as a wet paper bag.

Highlighted
Master

AstronautRaptor,

We don't want you to feel that way. We have received your PM so we can address the issues on that thread.

- Jewel
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

I live in Fort Worth TX and my new S5 doesn't stay on 4lte and definitely no spark. Always 3g like others I'm reading about. When will sprint let us know what is being done to fix this situation. This isn't an isolated phone area issue so no more on the where are you questions. Promised spark but not even delivering 4lte. There should be a response from the top about this.

Highlighted
Master

someOne29 - In order for me to provide you with the answers you are looking for, I'll need the zip code to check the area, please? - Nyyota
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

It's 76244. My old s2 would work fine on lte at same location. This isn't a location issue, it's bad everywhere I go.

Highlighted
Master

someOne29,

That is a WiMax device and Wimax is now obsolete. That phone would have to be set to CDMA only to work properly.

Thanks,

- Shyne
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Hi read about Refresh CUSTOMIAZATION Samsung app for s4. Is there something like that for s5 to ensure all the samsung specific apps are still installed? Maybe something was removed.

Highlighted
Master

someOne29

Here to help. Currently, that app isn't available for the Galaxy s5. Have you performed any troubleshooting steps since experiencing this issue? Keep me posted.

Kendra
Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

This is a terrible thing. I hope sprint can fix it. My S3 gets no LTE coverage indoors in The Woodlands Tx where I work. People here at work all use AT&T and suggest all the time I should switch. I am going switch soon. I have been a customer for 10+ yrs with Sprint.

Community News

Our Community is BACK!!
Hours of Operations are 7AM - 8PM CST. Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance after hours please visit Sprint Chat