cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen lock issues after Lollipop update

Journeyman

Screen lock issues after Lollipop update

I updated to lollipop yesterday. I previously had screen swipe to unlock my phone. I changed it today to PIN unlock, but don't like it. I want to change back to swipe unlock, but now the option is grayed out and says "Turned off by administrator, encryption policy or credential storage." (See screen shot) How can I get swipe unlock back, without doing a factory reset?

5 REPLIES 5
Master

Re: Screen lock issues after Lollipop update

frostydaisy

I do apologize. Since you did the Lollipop update on your device that option may not be available, due to the software upgrade. You can try a Master Reset to see if that feature will be available. If not you can take the device into a nearby store to see is they can enable that feature.

Anntenetta, Sprint Social Care Team
Master

I'm not exactly positive where it's at on the Samsung. But check the following there abouts,

Settings > Security > Device Administrator

You should see something like the following when you get there,

Screenshot_2015-02-07-09-55-56.png

One of the apps you have checked there is preventing you from changing it. If it's an app you installed, go to that app and undo what you did. If you can't remember what you did, then toggle it, go back and fix your Lockscreen setting, then go back and toggle the setting again.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

is this a personal phone or a work issued phone?

If it is a work issued phone, your mobile IT people have disabled it. I see this with all the work issued phones at my job.

This page can help you figure out if you are using a guest account or admin in your phone:

http://www.androidtipsandhacks.com/android/how-to-use-guest-mode-and-user-accounts-in-lollipop/

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Master

Good point, work issue phone is possible.

--
If my post or someone else's answered your question please mark it an Accepted Solution.

Keep in mind, like you, I am a Sprint subscriber. I am in no way employed by Sprint in any sense. I just know stuff.
Master

Either that or if they Encrypted the phone, it will not let you use swipe due to no security associated with it.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Sunday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat