cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Simultaneous voice and data

Master

Re: Simultaneous voice and data

S3/S4 can not do voice and data in the 3G, if you are on 4G LTE or WiFi you can do voice and data on those devices and not on the S5.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

Not a true statement for the S3, I did it and without a Wi-Fi connection.  Granted I noticed it on as a fluke, but there was some sort of upgrade in the area that allowed it because it didn't use to be possible.

Then the 4G upgrades followed and that also allowed voice/data at the same time.

Master

As far as I know, and the reps in here can verify better, Sprint is not capable of running voice and data in 3G, if you have a device that runs voice and data in 3G (no LTE and no WiFi), then you are one of a kind and a very lucky guy

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Wizard

Dj_Damjano wrote:

As far as I know, and the reps in here can verify better, Sprint is not capable of running voice and data in 3G, if you have a device that runs voice and data in 3G (no LTE and no WiFi), then you are one of a kind and a very lucky guy

I'll take my luck where I can get it.  Believe me when I say I was very surprised because I also believed it shouldn't be working.  That's also why I was saying if people tried to put their S5 in this mode, it "might" work.

Journeyman

Hi SprintCare,

What phones can I purchase today that will allow for Simultaneous Voice and Data while not on wifi?

Thanks,

Master

presmmbb1,

Thanks for reaching out to us. The HTC One, Samsung Galaxy S3, Samsung Galaxy S4, EVO LTE, Samsung Galaxy Note II, and Samsung Galaxy Note III all have the capability to surf and talk at the same time on the network without having to be on Wi-Fi. Please let me know if you have any other questions, I'd be happy to assist.

*Liz

Sprint Social Care
Highlighted
Journeyman

Reasons Sprint switching to NO simultaneous voice and data after many years makes the Sprint phone useless.

Virtually all my calls require simultaneous voice and data!

The person(s) I am talking to wants to ...:

1) Discuss an email

2) Receive or send a picture or document that we are talking about

3) Send a text or email while we are talking.

4) Look at my map because they are lost.

5) Look at the internet with them and discuss.

6) Pull up my calendar during a discussion.

7) Reference internet information to keep the conversation going.

OR

😎 While in the car and talking I need to start to navigate.

9) Everybody using my hotspot gets dropped when a call comes in.

TODAY talking, is talking about data.

PS: Verizon offers the Galaxy S5 with G4 and voice over data

Journeyman

Owlpic wrote:

Reasons Sprint switching to NO simultaneous voice and data after many years makes the Sprint phone useless.

Virtually all my calls require simultaneous voice and data!

The person(s) I am talking to wants to ...:

1) Discuss an email

2) Receive or send a picture or document that we are talking about

3) Send a text or email while we are talking.

4) Look at my map because they are lost.

5) Look at the internet with them and discuss.

6) Pull up my calendar during a discussion.

7) Reference internet information to keep the conversation going.

OR

😎 While in the car and talking I need to start to navigate.

9) Everybody using my hotspot gets dropped when a call comes in.

TODAY talking, is talking about data.

PS: Verizon offers the Galaxy S5 with G4 and voice over data

It's a good list.  It's how people use their phones.  Why Sprint didn't think this through is beyond me.

I've been a Sprint Customer for years (since 1998) and this move makes me consider alternatives for my mobile connectivity.

Journeyman

I just wanted to add one more voice to help Sprint realize that they need to fix this.  Turn on SVOLTE.  My S5 is great, and I love everything else about it.  But I need to be able to use data and voice at the same time, and I'm not always near a WiFi connection.

Journeyman

Its not even about surfing the web and talking at the same time for me. Its about using my navigation and taking calls. Once you answer the phone the navigation turns off and you can miss your exit. Why would you "upgrade" to something that has LESS function?

Master

INGRAMGIRL626,

I understand exactly what you mean. It is frustrating not being able to navigate and talk at the same time. Currently no information is showing as of a firmware/software update to the Galaxy S5 to have (SVD) Simultaneous voice and data. You can always visit http://bit.ly/QtSqwT to see any new updates and news on the S5.

-Menia, Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

In a call today to an escalated tier of tech support, I was told that the S5 on Sprint cannot do voice and data together, whether G3 or LTE. 

This is truly a horrible situation, and perhaps a deal breaker for me with Sprint.  I have always had this capability in Sprint 'smart' phones in the past, and for my business use it is just essential. 

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat