cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sometimes when I press on it still has a blank screen, have to keep trying....

Journeyman

Sometimes when I press on it still has a blank screen, have to keep trying....

The power button on the right side sometimes isn't working or something?  It usually works, but sometimes when I press it the screen doesn't light up, it's just blank but the "recent and back" buttons on the bottom light up.  It always ends up coming on if I just keeping trying a couple times, but of course that's not cool.   I don't know if it's something that's a glitch or if it's actually hardware.  Is anyone elses ever doing that??  Oh and by the way I when I got my S5 at the Sprint store they saw I had been with sprint for 13+ years and said that I needed to call Sprint to have the $36 activation fee removed, but that she couldn't do it on her end.  I called and a Supervisor named Kristen Johnson told my customer service rep I was talking to that I didn't deserve one?  Makes me want to leave Sprint! uggghhh

12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Master

Re: Sometimes when I press on it still has a blank screen, have to keep trying....

AS far as the $36 activation fee, the store has to do it, they will comment your account for it.

As far as your power button issue, that is weird, I would just go and exchange the device, specialy since you are under the 14 day full money back warranty

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Re: Sometimes when I press on it still has a blank screen, have to keep trying....

Corporate store noted my account but had to call sprint customer service to waive the fee, which as I said they said NO.  Yeah, I'm going to exchange, but waiting to hear from any Sprint person that wants to save me after being with them for 13+ years, if I dont' hear back I'm going to just return the phone all together and not be in contract so that I can shop and move to probably Verizon who has best coverage.  And take the 4 lines of family with me!  Unbelieveable!!!!

Highlighted
Master

It's weird that they were so rude to you, I was in the same situation (kind of), the store told me just call CS and ask them, without notating the account, I called CS, and they actually went out of their way to accommodate that.

I come here trying to help people and I'm NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped you or if you get an answer to your question from other users, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

diamondSranch - Please send me a direct message with your Sprint phone number and store that informed you to call Care to have the activation fee waived so we can have this addressed at this store. Any addition information like the store rep that said this would help also...

Thanks,

Blue

Disclaimer: I am NOT employed by Sprint, so If my reply helped or answered your question, PLEASE mark it as solved.
Highlighted
Journeyman

Ummm,  BUT what are you doing? Scolding the lady at the Sprint store for informing me that I should have it waived for being a customer for 13+ years???  I would never do that, are you kidding me?  She's in the right here. 

Highlighted
Journeyman

And DJ that's exactly what I expected and so did the Sprint Rep both in the store and the Customer Service rep when I called, it was his supervisor Kristen Johnson in Portland Oregon that said to tell me NO????    I guess it depends on the Supervisor you speak to?   It's horribly hurtful to me seeing as I've taken up and recommended Sprint for so many years (free of charge mind you , LOL)

Highlighted
Master

Keep in mind, the store is not supposed to tell you to call CS, they have to take care of it right then and there. The people I spoke to on the CS line that took care of me last year, explained how it worked and that it is the Store responsibility to take care of it.

Highlighted
Journeyman

When I was there Sprint was down, they could not even activate my phone in the store, they were quite upset with this because it was the S5 launch day as you can imagine.  I have no idea if that affected them being able to do it, I only know that she tried twice (the store was closing as it was 8pm and couldn't keep on trying) and told me she wasn't able to and to call Customer service, which I did the next morning.    SO why did you call customer service and why did they take care of it for you and not me??

Highlighted
Master

I am trying to explain how it should work; The store needs to take care of the activation charge if purchased in the store, and CS will do (which they normally never do ) if you buy it over the phone.

I think, I was lucky and also, the main reason was to complain about the Service I received at the store too.

You are right, I strongly believe that they should have taken care of you, especially if you were inconvenient by not being able to activate the phone in the store.

Highlighted
Journeyman

So today the power button has gone out completely.  I cannot turn my screen off. So off to exchange today.  And I was lucky to call Customer Care and Talked to Matt, he was kind enough to adjust the $36 activation fee for me   Thank you Matt!!!!
Highlighted
Master

Glad everything is good

Community News

Need Help? 
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base.
If you have an account question you can create a post and one of our Social Care Agents will help you.
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat