cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Amabassadors - Samsung Galaxy S5 versus the S4

Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Amabassadors - Samsung Galaxy S5 versus the S4

Comparing the Samsung S5 versus S4    

At the recent Samsung event held on the Sprint campus, the Sprint Product Ambassador team was out in full force and received a lot of really good questions.  For a recap of the event, check out Chris’ blog post at https://sprintspace.corp.sprint.com/community/product-ambassadors/devices/android/galaxys5/blog/2014...

While there were lots of people interested in the camera and S Health functionality the one we all heard the most was “what’s the difference in the S4 and S5, I’m debating whether to upgrade”…..or some form of that question. 

The chart shows off a few of the main differentiators (found on CNET.com) …the size of the S5 is slight bit bigger meaning that the screen is also a slight but bigger.  The rear camera is also better as it has more megapixels along with all of the cool new features of the camera that are included make this one of the bigger selling points.  The expandable storage in the S5 is double that of the S4 while the internal memory options are the same making this another selling point for those who want to store lots of music, photos and even videos.  The battery is better and the processor is much better.

G5 vs G4.jpg

*Picture credit GForGames.com

All of this adds up to the tell me that the S5 is definitely worth the upgrade and I am sure you will agree. Bring on the comments or questions, happy to answer any questions you may have.

Happy Connecting – Your Sprint Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

8 REPLIES 8
Journeyman

Re: Sprint Product Amabassadors - Samsung Galaxy S5 versus the S4

While you are on hold waiting to speak to a Sprint representative you cannot surf the web, receive emails, use Facebook unless you are connected to wifi...the s4, note 3 can do all this without the spark.

Master

CAPSLOC1

Thanks for posting. Did you have any questions or concerns? If so, I would like to help.

George
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

I do have a question. When will Sprint make it so the so-called 'upgrade' we got with S5 gets the same basic functionality of S3 or S4?

Master

RUBEDOG151

Open this link http://bit.ly/1gNrUtu and it will provide you with more information on the 4GLTE network service update in the area.

Thanks,

Pamela

Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

Pamela,

That link does not let me USE my phone while I talk on my phone. When is that going to be fixed?

Master

RUBEDOG151

Thank you for informing us of this matter. The link that was provided is our network coverage. It basically explains when you will receive LTE in your area, at this moment we don't have an estimated time of repair when it will be resolved. If you have any more questions or concerns, I'm here to help.

Shantoya
Sprint Social Care
Journeyman

This [no internet while talking] is a huge complaint I have with my S5; I'm really angry at Sprint for not disclosing that when I changed out my phone last year ...  --That has thrust me backwards in features while bumping my costs, and thanks to dishonesty or ignorance at the local store, I'm into a contract I can't get out of without major up front costs; thanks for nothing, Sprint.

GrandMaster

this wasnt figured out within the 14 day trial period?

I like many others come onto this site for assistance and to help others. Marking a reply as helpful or correct helps others with like issues when they try to search the site for assistance. I do not work for Sprint and my suggestions and or opinions are my own. *************************************************************************************************************
Community News

Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agents
Sprint S.M.A.R.T Agent are here to help Monday through Friday 6:00 AM CT - 6:00 PM CT. If you need to speak to an agent outside of these hours, please visit Sprint Chat