cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Galaxy S5 + Water = No Worries

Wizard

GalaxyS5 Water.PNG

When I heard that the Galaxy S5 has a IP rating of 67 I was pretty excited about that and I hope that this is the new standard going forward with OEM's as with the advancements in technology there should be no reason that phones should not be water resistant.

Personally I won't go (and I'm not recommending) swimming or diving with the phone but it's really nice to know that I can get it wet without having to worry about hurting the device. A prime example of a good use case (IMO) was yesterday I was on a conf. call and took it in the truck as I was heading home. We are at that time in Florida where we are getting afternoon showers and this picture pretty much sums us up:

Florida.PNG       

as I pulled into my driveway it was pouring and normally with any other device I would just hang out until the call was over or the rain let up as I didn't want to get my device. However with the GS5 I didn't have to worry about that i was able to leave it on speaker, grab my stuff and head into the house and between the truck and the front door the phone got wet but I didn't even have to worry about it. I just dried it off and was good to go. I hope, and I'm sure at some point, that one day phones will have a waterproof rating that will allow you to dive with them and keep them under water for an extended period of time but right now I'll take the IP67 rating the GS5 has and just have that confidence that if I get it wet it's not gonna hurt it. Here is a photo I took when my wife and I went to the beach last week, with any other device I wouldn't have felt comfortable holding it so close to the water.

Beach.PNG

Check out Samsungs commercial spot showing off the water resistant properties of the GS5

Link

And for good measure here is a nice Florida sunset 🙂

sunset.PNG

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee

1 Comment