Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador - Samsung Galaxy S5 Health Fetures

Highlighted
Sprint Product Ambassador

Sprint Product Ambassador - Samsung Galaxy S5 Health Fetures

S Health on Samsung Galaxy S5 – Love it!

Has anyone tried the S Health features on the Galaxy S5?  I have been using it for the last several days and love how accurate it is. I have been using it to check my heart rate consistently when I work out or when I go to meetings (those 10 am status meetings are stressful!)  It’s really simple to use by just holding your finger over the sensors in the back. The sensors are right next to the flash and use the light pulse to check your heart rate.

G 5 Heart Rate Sensor.jpg

There is a pop up (that you can check to not have pop up again) that shows you a picture of how to do this making it even simpler.  Once you press the start button it will ask you to remain still and quiet as these can affect the reading.  Once the result is displayed you can go in and look at daily or weekly trends even. 

G5 S Health.jpg

The program will also track your steps as a pedometer that is surprisingly accurate.  I have an older pedometer from the Sprint Get Fit program last summer so I tracked them both and they were spot on!  

There are many other features in the S Health app that will track your exercise, your eating and calories as well as a coach feature that will give you feedback about speeding up to bring up your heart rate and alert you of progress towards goals.  I actually got an alert last night that I had achieved my daily goal of achieving  10,000 steps.  It was great to receive the notification and being a bit of a nerd makes me want to push even harder to go above that today!

If you haven’t had a chance to try out the S Health app on the Samsung Galaxy S5 – you should definitely check it out, it is very cool!

Your Sprint Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. #sprintemployee

Community News

Our Community is currently set to Read Only due the pandemic's affect on our staffing .
Please try Searching the Community, we have many questions already answered, you can also check out the Knowledge base
If you need immediate assistance please visit Sprint Chat