cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Samsung's Photospehere mode aka Surround Shot

Sprint Product Ambassador

As you may have heard, Google started supporting a photosphere mode for quite sometime, but our phone makers have either not offered it until recently, or called it different names that maybe confusing. That being said, while on vacation this week in Los Angele, CA I took a couple of pictures with Samsung's version of photosphere called Surround Shot.

Firstly, this mode is not available out of the box. You need to first setup your Samsung account and download this mode from the Samsung Apps app. Basically just go to the camera app, click on mode, and all the way to your right, click download. Once you get to the samsung app you can find all sorts of modes there, including surround shot.

Screenshot_2014-04-30-11-17-55.pngScreenshot_2014-04-30-11-14-37.png

Once you get that setup, it is actually very to use this mode. It allows you to take several pictures and stich them together to capture these big moments that usually wont fit in one pic. Check out the 2 pictures below. One is of the Space Shuttle Endeavor. I took about 8 pictures which were stiched together to show the enormity of this fine machine

20140429_135228.jpg

The second picture is of the A-12 Blackbird, first aircraft to be built with Titanium

20140429_151333.jpg

As you can see, the above 2 images could not have fit in 1 image with the details in the image (may not be easily visible here). I would encourage current or future owners of the S5 to try out this feature and see if it really sparks up your images. Thanks.

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee