cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador: Spigen Slim Armor Case: A Combination of Toughness and Elegance

Journeyman

spigen_slimarmor_frontback.jpg

I hate putting a case on my phone.  Hate it.  For years I went without using a case on my devices.  I had purchased cheap cases before, however after a few days I would take them off and that was that.  It just wasn't my thing.  That is, until I destroyed my Samsung Epic Touch 4G.  I remember it like it was yesterday.  I was getting into the car and my phone was inside the pocket of my basketball shorts that just happened to bej on the side facing the outside of the vehicle.  The device slipped out of my pocket while I was simultaneously closing the door of the car and the device literally got smashed in the door before hitting the ground.  The device was unusable after that.  I was sick.

After this experience, I still hated cases.  However I embraced the idea that maybe they are just a necessary evil.  After all, not only are smartphones very costly but they have also become a huge part of our everyday lives.  You're almost asking for trouble if you don't spend a little extra to protect such an important investment.

I've opted for super protective cases in the past that were very bulky and turned my device into a brick.  Sure, they offered great protection but they also ruined the experience of having a premium device.  I've also tried super thin cases that looked and felt the part but offered minimal protection from drops.  If I'm going to commit to using a case, not only will it need to keep my device safe, it will also need to look amazing.

spigen_slimarmor_duallayer.jpg

The Spigen Slim Armor case for the Galaxy S5 is an excellent choice for those of you who are looking for a good combination of both protection and sleekness.  The case has a two layered design that includes a TPU layer coupled with a polycarbonate hard shell on the outside.  According to Spigen's website, the two layered design provides dual protection from drops and scratches.

Installation of the case was super easy and it fits the device perfectly.  The cutouts for the camera, charging port and heart rate monitor fit great and the buttons are still very responsive.  Spigen has really did an exceptional job finding a "middle ground" with is case.  At first glance the case appears to be bigger than it actually is however after installation I was pleasantly surprised at how good it felt in the hand.  The back of the case uses a similar dimpled design to that of the Galaxy S5 and the texture of the hard outer shell creates just enough traction to feel secure when holding it without the sticky feeling that many cheap rubber cases have -- the type that attracts lots of lint, yuck.

spigen_slimarmor_thin.jpg

After using this case for a couple of weeks now, I'd have to say this is definitely a keeper.  I've included two video reviews of the case below.  Feel free to take a look.

Here is a link for the above video

Here is a link for the above video

Until next time,

Dre

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PAs are not corporate communications, CARE, technical support, product management or product marketing and should not be expected to respond to Community members in the capacity of any of these roles. #sprintemployee