Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community is currently read-only. Please use the My Sprint app or Sprint.com to manage your account. If you need assistance, please visit Sprint.com/chat
Sprint Community
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sprint Product Ambassador - The New SHealth, now on the Samsung Galaxy S5

Sprint Product Ambassador

So... another Sammy device, another feature filled Galaxy S smartphone. When launched, most of us were stumped as Samsung reduced the number of features on the S5 to fight its reputation of being knows as the company leading in "feature spam." Samsung was focusing this year on health and fitness. So it was kind of disappointing to me that their SHealth app only had a new heartrate feature, and nothing else, or at least, not something new I really cared about. Until now!

Samsung just updated the SHealth app to ver 3.2 and added some interesting features:

Screenshot_2014-06-01-14-03-15.png

Stress measurement!

Screenshot_2014-06-01-14-03-22.pngScreenshot_2014-06-01-14-03-43.pngScreenshot_2014-06-01-14-04-18.pngScreenshot_2014-06-01-14-04-23.png

Once you click on the Stress button, you will be asked to put your finger on the heartrate sensor and the phone is start to calculate your stress level. This process does take a lot longer when compared to standard heartrate measure, approx a full minute sometimes, but it does give you a decent idea of how stressed you are. You can keep track of your stress levels in the log, which I find very useful.

Coach!

Screenshot_2014-06-01-14-04-33.pngScreenshot_2014-06-01-14-03-43.pngScreenshot_2014-06-01-14-05-21.pngScreenshot_2014-06-01-14-05-45.pngScreenshot_2014-06-01-14-05-55.png

Samsung partnered with Cigna to provide a health coach that will help you accept, track and follow through your health goals. It will recommend several goals based on your health profile and stress levels and it will be up to you to choose some or all of these goals. Once you accept a goal, it will then give you several sub missions on how to achieve this goal. Long story short, I dont need a personal trainer, saved me a bunch of money!

So give the new SHealth app a try and see if it can help you change your life!

- Your Product Ambassador Team

Disclaimer: The Product Ambassadors are Sprint employees from many different parts of the company that love technology. They volunteer to test out all sorts of Sprint devices and offer opinions freely to the Community. Each Product Ambassador shares their own opinions of these devices, therefore the information in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinions of Sprint. The PA's do not represent the company in an official way, and should not be expected to respond to Community members in an official capacity. sprintemployee